Sixteen

I stared back at Valor, his breathing relaxed and even as he stared back at me, his fingers tracing over my breast and down the swell of my now definitely showing belly and down the curve of my hip that the morning sun rays shone on.

It's been almost three weeks of peace and I have enjoyed every second of it. I've had to increase my intake of blood and solid food by nearly double and I was feeling a lot better and I was now showing, my belly seemed like it came out of no where and it was one of the best feelings in the world to see my love for Valor take on a physical nature that would soon be our child who would be the best parts of the both of us, but I did miss my family.

"Your mother called again last night." Valor whispered.

"I miss her." I said.

"I know. If you're comfortable enough, I think it would be nice to invite them to dinner tonight at Pierre's restaurant and have them stay a few days. Christmas is close. I know they would all want to see you. And the baby is coming soon." He said.

I nodded. He was right. Pierre said because of the baby's fast growth rate and how large I was now, the baby could be coming at any time now.

I leaned forward, relaxing into Valor's muscular chest as I kissed his neck.

He smiled as he hugged me against him, his cold fingers feeling soothing as they traced little circles on my warm belly.

"I should probably get up and shower and you should go hunt then." I said as I sat up.

I kissed Valor and headed into the bathroom after he left.

I decided to soak in the bath, my lower back feeling a tad sore, but with how fast my baby was growing that was nothing new.

I had just shut the water off when I heard the door to my room open.

I walked out the bathroom, and I had just stepped through the door into our room when I was gripped by the neck.

I growled at Anya as she tried her best to get a hold around my neck. I hadn't seen her in weeks, but I knew she'd been jealous ever since we found out about the pregnancy. She was not going to hurt me and definitely not my child.

She shoved me backwards into the bathroom, trying her best to tighten her grip on my neck, but I was faster and stronger now.

I gripped her throat, letting my claws dig in as leverage as my oxygen was quickly depleting. She was fighting with everything in her, her height far greater and reach longer than mine as she slammed me against the rim of the bath tub, her grip now on my hair as she tried to force me under the water.

I used gravity against her tall frame, using my leg to kick hers out from under her, her flailing like a baby giraffe on the now wet floor.

In one fluid motion I sent myself forward, my grip on her never leaving as her head hit the tile floor with a sickening crack and the smell of blood hit the air, her body going limp.

I knew something still wasn't right though, my body feeling heavy, a pressure in my pelvis causing pain.

"R-Raven! " I yelled knowing she was downstairs.

I stood up, a popping sensation causing me to grip the sink as I tried to steady myself and my breathing as water ran down my leg.