Nine

I smiled as I lay with Valor, his fingertips tracing the length of my body as I stared at him, the sun peeking through the curtains as I rested against his chest.

"We need to get up." I whispered, Valor's deep ruby eyes looking at me as he grinned.

"Only if you promise to shower with me." He answered.

I sat up, the sheets falling to reveal my bare body, Valor watching me quietly, his eyes on me.

"So perfect." He whispered.

After showering with Valor, we decided to join my family for breakfast.

I smiled as I walked hand in hand with Valor, last nights events still fresh in my mind. I felt good. I felt happy.

Valor stopped just outside my parents home, putting his finger under my chin as he brought my lips to his.

I smiled at the sweetness of the gesture.

"Happy Birthday." He whispered to me. I kissed him softly, smiling up at him.

I never thought I'd take a mate, let alone getting one because I had too, but here I was, happy and mated and content and Valor was growing on me faster than I had thought.

I smiled at the sight of Solomon and James, hand in hand as they walked up the porch steps and I greeted them happily with hugs.

Valor held the door as we all entered.

Valor sat with me on the couch, me tucked against his chest as I ate.

"How old are you?" I asked quietly. I knew both vampires and werewolves physically aged a lot slower than humans after some time, our years passing by normally until we matured around eighteen and then we would slowly age, whereas vampires age slowed at the time they were created and then they would age slowly from then on.

Valor chuckled.

"I'll be sixty-two soon." He said.

"Holy shit! You don't look a day over twenty five." I said laughing as I touched his smooth skin.

I laughed, setting my plate on the coffee table in front of me.

"So, does that make you my old man?" I asked.

Valor rolled his eyes, kissing my lips once before standing up with me in his arms after I finished my meal.

I grinned when I saw my family in the kitchen, my mother lighting the candles on a cake as we approached the dining table.

Valor set me down in front of it, smiling down at me as everyone began singing.

I closed my eyes, but couldn't find a single thing to wish for. My life was good and I was content. I smiled as I blew out.

Pierre walked in quickly, Giselle not with him for once, which immediately had me nervous because there was hardly a sight as rare.

"Valor, remain calm." Was all he said as Giselle came rustling in, two men behind her and then Alexander following shortly after.

The younger man looked down at me, nodding to the man I assumed to be his father since he was a much older version of him.

"You are Willow Lupin?" The older man asked, a thick accent lacing his words.

"Who's asking?" I said as I stared at him.

"I am Alpha Ronan of the Northern Irish pack. My son Colton is to succeed me soon. He is here to mate you." The man said so matter of fact that it disgusted me.

I stared at his son, smiling as best as I could to not to let my anger show.

"I have already taken a mate." I said to the man I assumed to be Colton.

Colton stared at Valor who stood behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders as I sat, him hovering above me closely. I knew he was analyzing every aspect of the man.

"Nightwalker filth." Colton said as he stared at Valor.

I growled warningly.

"You hush woman. You will speak when spoken to." Colton said. 

And that's when I stood up, Lily immediately at my side, her soon to be my Beta and she was unwavering. Valor's body had tightened like a spring ready to explode with force. I had never seen Valor be aggressive in any sort of way, but I had a feeling it was for a reason. He knew what he was capable of.

"I don't know what misogynistic era you still live in, but in this house men and women are treated as equals. After tonight, I will be Alpha to this pack and I will speak as it. You are free to go now." I said pointing to the door.

The man stared at me, fire in his eyes, and I could see Valor, his body tense as he posed himself in front of me instinctively now as he eyed the men.

"I want her." Colton said to his father, growling as if he were throwing a fit.

"Well, when you're ready to speak for yourself and not hide behind your father, my name is Valor Black." Valor said, turning toward me, not even hesitating as he pulled me against him and kissed me in front of everyone. His lips moved against mine slowly, his hands on either side of my face as he did. He pulled away, kissing my lips once more before he released me, leaving me out of breath.

"Now you can say it." Valor said, turning as he faced Colton.