Twenty Two

I took in a deep breath as I came up the porch, shifting into my resting form and standing up in the dim light of the setting sun.

I walked into the kitchen to see Valor's shirtless form in the kitchen, his eyes scanning over me as I slipped on a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"You didn't tell anyone where you were going. I thought something happened to you." Valor said.

"I didn't know I needed permission. I can protect myself." I said.

Valor hissed at me.

I growled back.

I knew he just wanted to protect me, but the way he was going about it was beginning to annoy me.

"You know I don't mean to be harsh, but you don't realize how much stronger a human fed vampire is. You could've at least taken Raven." He said.

I stared at him, hating to admit he was right. And the fact that he was so damn good looking didn't help either.

I could feel the change in the air, Valor eyeing me as he dared me to challenge him, to say something.

I hissed at him and he smirked, his eyes darkening and I could already see the tent in his pants.

I shut my eyes, the thought of Valor's hands on me had me distracted already.

I opened my eyes, Valor's chest right in front of me and I looked at him.

I watched as he bit his lip, his fang pricking his bottom lip and I watched as a microscopic drop of blood appeared, the smell hitting my nose and I breathed in the scent.

He knew I always wanted him.

I hissed as I shoved him against the kitchen island and I gripped his jaw in my hand as I took his lower lip in my mouth, moaning at his sweet satisfying taste.

He turned his head to the side, smirking as he licked his lips as he stared down at me.

"Can I help you love?" He asked, his eyes dark with lust.

I knew he wanted me just as much as I wanted him, but Valor was the epitome of stubborn.

I growled with annoyance.

"I'll give you what you want, but only if you fight for it." He said.

I was confused until he lightly shoved me, my jaw dropping not because he hurt me but because of the audacity of this man.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"You said you can defend yourself. Prove it." He hissed.

He eyed me up and down, his eyes lingering on my chest that was only covered by my thin top.

I hissed as I lunged at him and intercepted him, gripping his arms as we flew backwards.

He chuckled at my feeble attempts to wrestle him into a pin, spinning ya quickly as he nestled himself between my legs, pinning my arms above my head.

He stared down at me with a grin paired by an arched brow.

He relaxed against me when he saw my face.

I was mad at the situation.

Valor was being gentle with me and I still managed to lose my focus and he easily gained the upper hand.

"What if I can't do it? What if I can't focus long enough to stay alive and protect my family? If someone ever hurt you or Ava..." I trailed, feeling my tears wanting to bubble over at the thought of living life without the people I loved the most.

"You have no idea how much I love you and the fact that someone wants to take all of that away from me...It pisses me off." I said with a growl.

"Good. Use your anger to help you focus." He said as he stood up.

I growled as I lunged for his legs, tackling him back onto the ground, hearing the air leave his lungs as he huffed out.

I clawed my hand, raising it to his face as I stared down at him as a grin slowly appeared on his face.

He gripped my hips, ignoring my potential threat as he held me against his manhood, his arousal evident in the air and beneath me as he looked up at me.

"Valor this is serious. I want-

"Willow. No one is coming near you or my daughter. No one will blink a threatening eye in your direction and live to see another day. I will teach you how to be faster and stronger, and you will teach me how to do the same. Now stop talking." He said as he flipped us with ease once again, his mouth silencing my own as he kissed me with a profound intensity.