Fifteen

I sighed as I got out the shower, stretching my almost healed leg. It felt good to be clean, like my troubles had washed down the drain for the time being.

I stared at myself in the mirror, turning to the side as I examined my bare stomach. I didn't look pregnant.

I smoothed my hand over my still toned stomach softly.

There was a baby in there and pretty soon I would look like I swallowed a beach ball and honestly it had me freaking the hell out. I could feel myself quickly declining like a sudden sickness came over me. I thought drinking wolf blood was supposed to be good for me, but now that my adrenaline was gone and reality was surfacing, the extent of my injury was showing.

I turned at a knock at the door, Valor entering quietly as I put on my white silk robe.

I smiled at him as he hugged me from behind, placing his hand on my stomach.

"I never thought I'd get the privilege of being a father. Especially being the father to the child of the woman I've always loved." He whispered.

I turned in his arm, kissing him softly.

"I'm not going to lie. I'm scared, but we can do this." I told him excitedly.

He nodded as he kissed my lips again, deepening the kiss slightly as he pulled me against him, but then pulled away softly when I placed my hands on his chest. I would usually never turn Valor down, especially knowing how he could make me feel and how I enjoyed just the simplicity of his embrace, but right now there were too many things on my mind.

"How's my dad?" I asked quietly.

I watched Valor's face fall, giving me my answer.

I slid on my clothes quietly before walking down the hall and walking into the living room, my father standing at the sight of me.

Valor sat on the couch with me, pulling me onto his lap, letting me relax against him.

"Willow. Baby girl, I'm so sorry." My dad said quietly.

"It wasn't you, Dad. You would never hurt me. I'm fine now ." I said as Valor helped me up, and I wrapped my arms around him. I could feel my wolf's unease and fear at the man who had hurt us. He was our father and yet she was afraid of what he was capable of.

Pierre looked at me after I pulled away from my father. He could read me like a book.

"How do you feel?" Pierre asked.

"Fine." I said shrugging as I hid my eyes from his.

I did feel hot and hungry, it was like a constant heat just under my skin, but at the same time I felt like if I moved, I'd vomit the contents of my stomach up. I didn't know I could feel hungry and nauseous at the same time.

"You're lying." Valor said immediately.

I stared at him, my jaw tightened at being caught in a lie and I sighed.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I don't know what being pregnant feels like!" I said. I could feel myself wanting to freak out over the fact that once again I had no control over the situation, my breathing beginning to quicken.

My mother sighed, coming towards me and placing her hand on the side of my cheek and then my forehead.

"You're a little warm, but that's normal. Willow, you need to calm down and breathe slowly, baby.You're having a panic attack. " She said.

I could see her lips moving but whatever she was saying wasn't making it to my ears anymore. I clutched my stomach on instinct; thinking of my child and praying they were okay.

Suddenly, Valor was in front of me, my breath catching in my throat as he kissed me, tugging me flush against him as everything seemed to calm.

I immediately froze, my hand on his chest as everything slowed, my senses zoning in on Valor and how he was now wrapped around me like a glove.

He pulled away, his hand cradling my face and I suddenly remembered to breathe, drawing in a slow breath as I stared up at him, closing my eyes as I relaxed and placed my head against his chest.

"You're okay, love." He whispered as he hugged me to him, whispering reassuring words in my ear.

I just wanted to be alone and with him. This life was a constant go and I was tired of all the strife and constant pressure and expectations. I knew none of this was good for me or our baby. I could feel it in my bones, an unsettling sensation. I could be Alpha next year for all that mattered. I just needed some peace and time for my family that would soon grow.

I had so much to learn in a short amount of time. How to be a mother. How to be a hybrid. Hell, I was still learning how to be a mate and right now I didn't want to focus on anything except my mate and my unborn child.

"I want to go home. Please." I said to him quietly.

He nodded as he pulled away, lifting me into his arms without another word as he began moving.

"Where are you going?!" My mother yelled as she walked after us and to the truck Valor had placed me in.

"I am taking my mate home. " Valor said strongly, strapping me in and kissing my head before he shut the door.

My mother growled in protest.

Valor hissed, not backing down as my brothers came from the house.

"Are you fucking crazy?! She's fucking pregnant!" Eric yelled.

"Exactly!" She and the baby don't need any of the chaos that keeps occurring here! She was nearly killed." I heard in Raven's familiar voice as she hissed in mine and Valor's defense.

My brother made to move towards her, Cassius hissing warningly as he stepped in front of Raven. I had never really known the extent of their relationship, but by the looks of it, Cassius seemed very protective and for a second I wondered if it were platonic of romantic, Valor's voice cutting my unfocused thoughts off.

"She is my mate. She and my child are my number one priority. I am simply fulfilling her request of going home. Until she is in better health, I am taking her home and doing as she wishes. She doesn't need any extra stress on her. When she wishes to see you again you will be notified. " Valor said, getting in the truck without another word.

He pulled out the driveway quickly, and I slouched against him as he drove, one hand on the wheel and the other wrapped around me.

I glanced back as we drove, watching as my family's faces began to grow smaller and smaller the further we drove.

I watched as Raven and Cassius suddenly appeared, steadying themselves as they jumped onto the truck bed.

Raven sent me a small smile for once, her initial hard demeanor gone as she stared back at me.

I'd never had a friend that was a female, but I think I'd just made one.