Thirty-One

Despite all the laughter, I knew things were serious now and I needed to be ready now more than ever. I wouldn't stop until I knew my family was no longer threatened by Stefan or anyone else for that matter.

I growled as I held my father around his neck and he tapped my arm as he submitted, and I dropped from his back as he took in a breath and he smiled as Pierre clapped.

"You fight different now that you're a mother." He said.

"She's got more to fight for." Pierre said.

I stood up as I took in a breath.

"We need to go again." I said as I readied my stance. I could feel the fatigue in my body, the back of my throat burning slightly and I licked my lips to distract myself from the need to feed.

"I'm not as young as I once was, and you're a lot stronger than you've ever been. I feel a pattern will become of this. Pierre, old friend, how about-

"You need to rest and feed, I haven't seen you do anything other than train for four days." Valor said, his tone serious as he walked off the porch and onto the grass.

Pierre's head snapped to me in concern.

"If you deprive yourself, you will only lash out and lose control and you may hurt yourself or those around you because of it." Pierre warned.

"Hunt with me." Valor said as he gripped my hand and we began walking toward the trees, much to my dismay.

I hissed as I yanked my hand from him.

He hissed back and we stood nose to nose as we stared at each other.

"Do you want to lose control of yourself? Do you want to sink your fangs into your father? Your Mother? Solomon? Do you want to drain the life from someone you love because you could not control your thirst? I know what it's like to see someone die because you took their life to sustain your own, and I promise you after you do that, you will never be the same." He hissed at me.

Valor was gripping my arms in a way he had never before as he held me against him as he spoke, his words sinking into me as his eyes held worry as they stared down at me as he released me.

I gripped his arms and I closed my eyes as my head spun as his words still echoed in my mind, my throat burning as I gulped, suddenly realizing how thirsty I was.

Valor wrapped his hand around my waist as he guided me into the trees and soon enough he'd found prey and brought a large buck for me, and soon enough I was feeling significantly better, but knew I needed more.

I gasped when I suddenly felt a prick on my arm and Valor cursed as he suddenly gripped me. I stared down at the small vile that was now protruding from my shoulder and I inhaled as the purest pleasure overtook my senses and I groaned as my tastebuds seemed to come alive and I let out a slow hiss as I plucked it from my arm.

I wavered a bit as I blinked As I adjusted to the energy that flew through me like the wildest shot of caffeine, and I inhaled a masculine scent before I looked up, finding myself in a sea of trees. I was on unfamiliar territory as I looked around.

I stared up into velvet red eyes and I growled at the strange man who had me in his grip and I shoved him away from me, where he stumbled back a few yards and he held his hands up in surrender.

"Willow! Come on Willow, it's me! It's Valor, I'm your mate." The man boomed as I stared at him as he clapped his hands and waved his arms as if he were trying to wake me from some sort of slumber. I knew he must be lying when he said that, one thing I was sure of from the moment I was able to understand it was that I did not want a mate.

I stared at the man's handsome features, still unable to identify him. His dark brown hair and chiseled features beautiful, but I knew he could be dangerous from his physique. I couldn't understand how this man seemed to know who I was, and I could feel my wolf angry, wanting to shift to defend ourselves from this unknown threat.

"Just come with me, you're not do-

I sent my right fist across the face of the man who called himself Valor and he accepted the blow with a nod and he let out an angered breath when I crossed with my left and it connected with his jaw which he gripped with a hiss as he looked at the ground.

I stared down at the carcass of a dead buck that lay near my feet, the animal drained, and what I presumed had been my previous feed, the earth taste still dull on my tongue, but I craved more. I wanted more. I wanted him.

I could smell his scent, my mouth watering at wanting to know what this man would taste like, how his blood would make me go into a pleasure filled intoxication. I knew I had to have him. All of him for my own.

I licked my lips as the man read me like an open book. He knew what was coming and I felt myself grow excited, the thought of my next meal putting up a fight was something I wasn't use to, but I enjoyed a good challenge.

"Guess we're going to do this the hard way." He said.

"I guess we are." I hissed.