Twenty-Seven

I grinned as Valor kissed my neck, trying to start up what we had just finished.

"We're supposed to be at the jet in fifteen minutes. Everyone else is already there." I said as I tilted my head back, giving Valor better access to my neck.

"All I need is one. I just want to hear you call my name one more time." He said as he began working his way down my chest.

I jumped when I felt him beginning to work his toward my lower abdomen and he chuckled as he he stood up.

"Ass." I said as I sat up, looking at him as he put on his pants.

"Only for you." He said.

I rolled my eyes, laughing as I went to the shower and quickly rinsed myself and put my dress on. By the time I came out, Valor had our bags packed and his jaw was taught and virile as ever as he looked me up and down.

"Lets go." I said.

"And sadly, I don't think you mean another round." He said as he grabbed our suitcases.

I chuckled as we both walked downstairs. We had begun the short drive to the jet in silence, and it wasn't long until I felt something was off.

The windows were down, and I could smell the air, my keen sense of smell catching an unfamiliar scent. We were leaving Solomon and my brother to overlook the pack for now and the coven members were mostly nomadic but would check in.

"Slow down." I said quietly. Valor immediately slowed, his eyes scanning out surroundings quickly as he picked up the alert in my tone.

I could smell it. Wolf. Male. Maybe a few years older than me.

I opened the car door, angling my body toward the trees as I undid my seatbelt.

"Do not stop the car." I said as I inhaled, just as I saw the tuft of grey fur in the tree line. I leapt from the car, landing as Valor sped up. I bolted into the trees, following the scent.

I knew he'd heard me from the the scent change. I could smell the fear, it was thick and tangible in the air as I inhaled its rotten stench.

I immediately shifted, landing on all four as I surged forward.

I jumped as soon as I spotted the wolf in front of me, our beast colliding as we rolled to the ground, and he shifted into his human form.

He growled as he rolled away from me, coming to a stop as he hit a tree. I managed to sink my claws into the soil, slowing myself before I shifted into my resting state.

I hissed as I watched him, his body language was closed off and ready to attack.

"What are you here for?" I asked.

He growled as he lunged for me, his claws extended as he reached for my neck.

I ducked as I tucked my shoulder as we collided, we hit the ground.

I felt his fist graze my cheek, narrowly missing me as I turned.

I gripped his jaw, snapping his neck before he could land his second blow. Stefan wouldn't get the answers to whatever he wanted to know, he wouldn't get the pleasure, as long as I am alive and breathing I would do the best I could to make sure he didn't hurt anyone I cared about or anyone at all for that matter.

I sighed out, inhaling as I shoved the limp body off of me before I stood up, seeing Valor as he relaxed against a tree with his arms crossed casually against his chest.

"Enjoy the show?" I asked as he handed me a shirt.

"I love that you can take care of yourself, it's so much if turn on." Valor said with satisfaction as he eyed me as I placed the long shirt over my body.

"We need to go." I said ignoring his suggestive stare.

It wasn't long until we were on the plane with our family and we were taking off. I watched from the window and Solomon and my brother waved to us as we took off. I knew the pack and territory were in good hands and I felt relief for once, but now we were going to handle business.

We would be staying with another coven who's leaders are old friends of Pierre and Giselle and I was honestly looking forward to meeting other vampires, but also get things done. I felt so much more confident in myself and my role as a Luna and coven leader.

I showered in the jets private cabin, the tiny shower warm, but not nearly as hot as my muscles needed, but I felt good.

I slid on my pants and boots and sweater, the weather completely different than ours at home.

I walked back into the cabin, everyone asleep except my mate, taking my place next to Valor who smiled at the sight of me.

" Veda and Teo are going to be intrigued with you, just a warning." Valor said with a grin.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Willow there is so much about you that is unique. You're a female shifter, you're a hybrid, we have a daughter which no one thought possible, and to top it off you're painstakingly gorgeous. I will most definitely have to keep my eye on you because the males can be a little unruly in these parts." Valor said.

I chuckled at his statement.

"Valor Black. Are you the jealous type?" I asked with amusement.

"Darling, please. I am greatly confident in your love for me and my ability to keep you satisfied both mentally and physically, but you are my mate and mine alone and call me greedy, but I do not like to share and don't plan on it anytime soon." He said.

My wolf growled at our mate, liking his words and how possessive he could be.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I said.