Chapter Fifty Six Part B

Chapter Fifty Six

Lucas and Kayla's Rooms at the Palace

Picking up a lavender stone Kevin smiled at Kayo, "Aren't you a pretty little thing." Tossing the stone in the air he snapped his fingers and purple violets started to rain down around them. Kevin smiled when the girls started to twirl beneath the falling flowers. As he watched he heard a growl. Turning he stared into the angry ice blue eyes of Lucca.

"That's a nice trick old man," snarled Lucca staring daggers at Kevin.

Kevin shook his head on a sigh in astonishment, the adorable Lucca he knew had turned into a spoiled, overindulged brat. "If you call me old man again I'll take your powers away," threatened Kevin politely.

Smirking Lucca turned to include Mekhi, "Him and what force?"

"Lucca do you not like me anymore," pouted Kevin tripping as he walked toward him and Mekhi.

"Of course I still like you," drawled Lucca giving him a weird look. "But from what dad says you're older then grandma." Sucking his teeth he smirked, "And plus don't you think you're too old to be considering my Kayo as your next wife."

Kevin dropped to kneeled down in front of Lucca and Mekhi, "Don't you think you're too young to be staking your claim." Smiling mischievously he looked back at Kayo, "And maybe she'll like me as her partner."

Unamused Lucca picked up a flower. "No," as he glared all the purple flowers started to wilt around them. "I don't think I'm too young and you are overestimating your appeal old man."

Shrugging he leaned toward Lucca, "And we're sure Ebony doesn't have a cousin?"

Throwing the dead flower to the ground he sighed when he saw Kayo staring at all the dead flowers crestfallen. Lucca waved a hand and all the spoiled purple flowers disappeared and were replaced with gold lilacs. When she smiled at him Lucca turned away so she wouldn't see his blush.

"Oh ho ho," laughed Kevin staring at Lucca's red neck. "I believe you are a little more than smitten."

Mekhi shrugged as he picked up one of the flowers, "How'd you do this?" Rubbing his eyes he frowned at the gold flower. "I want to be able to shower the girl I like with flowers."

Lucca tilted his head, "You should tell your dad that your eyes are bothering you so he'll renew the spell on them."

Kevin peered into Mekhi's chocolate brown eyes. "How long have they been bothering you?" When Mekhi shrugged he cupped his chin and pulled his face closer. Moving his head side to side he asked slowly, "Mekhi what color are your eyes?"

"Brown," answered Mekhi confused.

Lucca stared over Kevin's shoulder curious as to what he was looking it. "It's obvious his eyes are brown." Shaking his head he sighed, "Why would you ask such a dumb question?" Point toward the chocolate orbs he snickered, "They are obviously brown."

Kevin Ignored Lucca as he continued tilting Mekhi's head side too side, "Are your eyes light brown or dark brown."

"Um," hesitating Mekhi shook his head trying to pull away. "Anthony told me they should be dark brown or gray." Smacking Kevin's hand away he saw Jacob was staring at them. "Leave me alone."

Taken back Kevin waved a hand as Mekhi pulled away. When Mekhi looked at him he whistled, "Now I believe Jacob's going to have a few questions."

Frowning Mekhi rubbed his eyes blinking to clear his vision. "Why? What did you do?" Turning to stare at Lucca out of light brown eyes his voice grew louder, "That mean old lady is going to get you?" Seeing Jacob walking toward him he could feel tears starting to form in his eyes. Rushing to Ebony he started pulling on her hand to get her attention.