Chapter Fifty Nine (Epilogue)

Ah'Taria - The Orlando's Ballroom

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are happy to welcome you all back to our home!" Syed Taqvi Orland stared down at the large crowd gathered. "I know you all are anxious to know what special event we are hosting for the Sinclair and Lawson families!" Syed turned to look at his wife with a grimace before he whispered furiously, "After the damage Lucas and Kaelen caused the last time we hosted an event for them I can't believe you agreed."

Asha raised her glass as she smiled down at the gathered guest. "You need to smile and suck it up. Jacob realized immediately that you altered the invoices when he reviewed them three weeks ago" warned Asha through clenched teeth.

Syed paled as he raised his glass and pasted on a smile. Raising a hand he pointed toward the huge double doors behind him, "We are happy to introduce to society Mekhi Joshua Lawson and Kayo Alice Lawson son and daughter of Jacob Kevin Lawson!" Applause erupted through the ballroom as the large white doors opened.

Jacob stood regally dressed in all black with his arm draped around Ebony's waist smirking. "I'm happy you stopped arguing with me about coming," whispered Jacob into her ear. "I think Mekhi and Kayo would have been sad if you weren't here."

Ebony took a deep breath as she smoothed the black material over her waist. "Jacob I told you this morning I'm coming down with something."

"Really," drawled Jacob gently easing Mekhi and Kayo into the ballroom toward the banister. "What are your symptoms again?"

Ebony forced a smile toward all the eager faces as she tried to shake Jacob's hand off. When she saw Kayla smiling with Lucas near the stairs she whispered, "Can you please just let me go stand with Kayla. I don't even understand why there needs to be an introduction ball after the banners were ran."

Jacob let his fingers run along Ebony's waist as he stared at her stomach before he removed his arm. "If that is what you wish," with a smirk he waved to the specters before leading his family down the stairs. "You and Kayla can mingle with the guest while Lucas and I walk around with the children if you like," whispered Jacob kissing her ear.

Ebony nodded as she linked arms with Kayla watching Lucas and Jacob walk away. "Where's Kaelen and Kevin?"

"I'm not sure," sighed Kayla as they listened to Acadia and Joshua names be announced. "They brought Xara," laughed Kayla pointing.

Ebony shook her head as she looked from Kayla to the honey complexioned woman. "You asked them numerous times to bring her."

"So did you," laughed Kayla as she watched them come down the stairs. "Acadia you look beautiful," sighed Kayla taking in the hip high slits on the silver gown. Looking at her own turquoise gown she laughed as she picked at a rhinestone on the high bodice. "Lucas would never let me wear something like that."

Acadia stared at the gown suppressing a giggle, "It's not that bad."

"I think it's cute," replied Ebony touching the black fabric of her dress. "At least you got to wear something that suits you." Ebony pointed toward the hem of the dress the swept the floor, "I'm lucky I haven't tripped."

"I think it's lovely," replied Xara softly staring at the heart shape cut outs on the sides of Ebony's dress."

"Yes at least he lets you show some skin," laughed Kayla as they walked toward the refreshment tables.

Acadia frowned as she watched Xara's try to pull the bodice of her gown up, with a sigh she slapped playfully at her hands, "Leave it alone before you stretch the neckline out."