Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

Ah'Taria - Gold District, Lucas, Kaelen, and Jacob's Office

Jacob stared unseeingly at the hologram report that Kaelen swore needed reviewing before they could call it a night.  Staring down at his handheld he read the time mumbling it out loud, "19:23."

"What was that," smirked Lucas arching a blond eyebrow.  His midnight blue eyes gleamed in amusement as he pretended to wait for him to repeat it.

Rolling his eyes he gave Kaelen a withering look, "Why do we need to go over the trade with Nah'Bye right now.  They sent 100 tons of corn and wheat," shrugging he stared at the report, "but only 75 tons arrived.  Why are we still talking about this?"

Kaelen pressed his lips together to stop from laughing. "Because 25 tons is missing and we need to find out if it was a clerical error or if someone is stealing from the Alliance."

Gritting his teeth he pressed the buttons to pull up the latest gossip.  Staring blankly at the articles he tuned Lucas and Kaelen out as they started hypothesizing about the missing produce.   Reading latest gossip he re-read a headline:

Madame Ebony Talisman, fifth seat of the high council, sure knows how to show a man who's boss.

Opening the link to the article he stared in disbelief at a picture of Ebony pulling Medic Artemis Smith toward her.   In caption it read they'd shared a steamy public kiss that she'd initiated .  Scrolling down  he glanced at the all pictures. Scowling at one of her walking down the street he pouted, "Why in the bloody blue blazes is she wearing that dress?"

Glancing toward him Lucas chuckled, "That blue dress with the back out?"

Rolling his eyes Kaelen put the article on display.  Whistling he nodded, "That is a nice dress." Pointing to the hem he nodded, "Easy access," turning the image around he pointed to the back cleavage, "That's a great view of her ass."

Narrowing his eyes on Kaelen, Jacob rose, "Don't stare at the view too hard unless you don't want your eyeballs."

Cocking an eyebrow Kaelen pulled the image down.  "Nope I like my eyeballs exactly where they are."  Pushing his chair back he nodded, "I believe this wraps up todays -."

Jacob rose and exited the room before he could even finish.  Walking quickly down the hallway he screamed his frustrations startling everyone around.  

Performing the step he arrived inside Mekhi's room expecting to see Ebony reading to both him and Kayo. Finding Mekhi's room empty he walked across the hall to Kayo's room cursing when he found her room empty also.

Slamming open the door to his and Ebony's room his gaze fell on her immediately.  Striding toward her he grabbed her arm yanking her to face him.  "How was your date," he bit out uncaring about the jealousy lacing his voice.  "Did you enjoy being photographed walking down the street and kissing him at the restaurant?"

Pushing her back against the desk he stared angrily into her eyes. "Why do you keep forgetting you are mine," he yelled covering her mouth with his.  Grabbing the dark blue material covering her breast he pulled ignoring the sound of the material renting the air.

"Stop," she gasped pushing against his chest.

Pushing her against the desk he grabbed her hands, "You are mine!  Do not every defy me again." Gold eyes blazed as he stared daggers into her eyes.

Glaring back she bared her teeth, "I belong to no one but myself."  Pushing against his chest, her foot connected with his stomach kicking him away from her with all her might.  "You dare to say I belong to you when you have the gall to flirt with someone in front of me."  Ignoring his astonished look she grabbed his shirt, "Have you ever considered that you belong to me."  Pulling him toward her she tossed him over her hip and stared at him laying on his back.  "Maybe you should consider that before you let some tramp dry hump you!"