Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

Ollyum, Crashing Waves District

Three months! Screamed Jacob in his mnd as he stared with an open and unguarded expression at Arthur Brentwood.  For the first six weeks the man seemed to be a relative bore that only talked about his gods, his family and his loyalty to the Alliance.  Sighing he looked down stirring the brown colored water that was sat in front of him by a scantily dressed woman before looking at the unappetizing cookies.

Shortly after starting at the Academy as an entry level instructor, Jacob had been introduced to Brentwood by the head of the fine arts department.  During the first few weeks he'd tried to start up conversations with the man so many times he'd lost count and had grown frustrated. Every day he'd return to his 'living quarters' in the Crashing Waves District wanting to choke Lucas and Kaelen for his new cover identity and lack of progress.  Staring, as if interested at Arthur, as they both stirred the lipid tea he thought back to almost three months ago when he'd read his faux identity:

Jacob stared at the hologram display that showed his new identity and cursed; Saia had out done herself as usual but Lucas and Kaelen had obviously had a hand in it. The onyx information cube had already been sent to the Academy and uploaded into the system so he couldn't do anything about it.  Raising his hand he grumbled to himself as he waited for Lucas and Kaelen to connect.

"So I see you have the background," drawled Lucas smugly.

"What is this crap," asked Jacob trying to remain calm.

Kaelen blinked and gave a puppy dog stare, "We gave you the background of a regular Alliance teacher that makes 30 royals a week."

Jacob stared angrily, "My background consist of me living in a three bedroom apartment, which could fit into the foyer of my home on Ah'Taria, in the Crashing Waves district!  I have a wife and two children!  How are we to survive in such a small space?"

Kaelen gave him a stare that spoke volumes about his spoiled upbringing, "It's a 1600 square foot, two story townhouse apartment.  I think you'll be fine."

Rolling his eyes Jacob gritted his teeth, "Okay!  And where are the servants supposed to sleep?"

Lucas hid his devilish grin behind his hand, "Jacob you're pretending to be a teacher.  You don't have servants or the royals hire one or to buy a home.  The housing is included with the position."

Jacob scowled darkly at the screen, "So you are telling me that I am supposed to maintain my own home with Ebony and two children?"

Kaelen tilted his head to get a better view of the sour expression before laughing, "I think this is going to be hilarious."  Kaelen disconnected before Jacob could give him a tart reply loaded with expletives.

Lucas pressed his lips together saying before cutting the connection, "You'll be fine.  How long could it possibly take?"

Jacob continued to stare at Arthur Brentwood and grimaced after trying to take a sip of the awful swill. How long it could possibly take, they'd said.  Quickly hiding his distaste he gave am overly bright smile and continued with the flow the conversation was moving in hoping he could finally lead the conversation towards why he was there.

"So you were telling me about your family," he smiled having no real wish to listen to the man babble on and on about his family.  Saia's investigation had already proven 9 out of 10 things from his mouth was either a bald face lies or a half truths.  His family were Ah'Tarians that could only be described as lacking in all aspects; they had decent power levels but lack the fortitude to use it correctly.