Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

The Alliance Police Station

"We can't all go in there and talk to him," said Lucas as he leaned back in his chair.

"How should we decide who should question him," asked Kaelen as he leaned against the wall staring through the two way mirror.

Jacob shrugged as he sat down, "We can always play guu, choki, paa." 

Kaelen chuckled as he sat down joining them.  Staring from Lucas to Jacob he gave them a serious look, "No cheating.  Best two out of three."

Jacob and Lucas nodded as they raised their hands.

Agent Chesterton watched silently as the three men raised their hands to play the game.  His eyes widened when in unison they swung their arms saying guu, choki, paa.  He almost laughed when Lucas pouted when he was eliminated.  Watching with mirth filled eyes he saw that left Jacob and Kaelen to play.  He watched trying to hide his smile when they swung their arms in unison again saying guu, choki, paa.

"I won," said Kaelen as he turned to the agent hand still in choki.  "I'll be joining you in the room to question the suspect on behalf of the counsel."

Chesterton hesitated, not knowing who the person was in front of him, until he saw the cold looks directed his way from Lucas and Jacob.  "Ah, y-y-yes," he hurried to say as he searched his hand held for Kaelen's name.  After checking twice and not finding his name he asked, "C-c-can you tell me sir which seat you are heir to or represent so it can be noted?"

Kaelen cocked a brow and smiled warmly in warning. "Agent Chesterton, I assure you that I have authorization to speak to anyone we believe is connected to an investigation the council is working on."  When the man stared uncertain his smile widened, "Would you like to explain to first chair Isaiah Sinclair or second chair Joshua Lawson why you stopped me from speaking with him?"

Chesterton looked behind Kaelen to stare once again into the frosty eyes of Lucas and Jacob, "N-n-no that's not necessary."  Walking toward the door that lead to the interrogation room he nodded respectfully, "This way sir."

Kaelen winked at Lucas and Jacob as he gloatingly walked into the interrogation room. 

Winston stared relieved when he saw the Alliance police officers walk into the room. He was ecstatic that neither men were members of the council or the two men he'd seen when he'd been led away.  He'd been told several times that he was lucky the Sinclair or Lawson heirs didn't kill him before they'd arrived.  Closing his eyes he still remembered the dead bodies of his comrades.  He came out of his thoughts and watched as the two men sat down.  Sitting straighter he was confident he'd be able to leave soon.

Chesterton shook his head as he reviewed his hand held, "Can you explain to me why you were in that residence?"

Winston pasted on a crooked smile, "We were trying to rob the place when we ran into the agent and those two women.  We tried to leave peacefully but the black haired woman started attacking us."

Kaelen stared at the guy astonished that he'd tell such an obvious lie.

Chesterton pushed a few buttons on his hand held, "I show this is your second time being picked up for theft."

Winston smile turned repentant, "I know I shouldn't do it but times are hard with the cost of feeding and housing my family going up."

Kaelen glanced at what Chesterton was inputting into his device and frowned when he read he was documenting the event as theft gone wrong.  Looking at the two-way mirror he pointed to the officer and sent a psych message, this officer is obviously as stupid as the guy sitting across from me.