Chapter 14 - [A Kiss and Three Questions]

Mulai dari awal

     She absolutely hated to see her parents like this. They, along with her adopted brother, were the people who truly loved her and she always felt that she could never repay them for their love.

     She was a burden.

     She knew her father was getting old. So was her mother.

     And as a child, she imagined that at this point in her life, she would be married and would be taking care of them... Rather than them still worrying about her.

     She was a burden.

     Maybe she would always be that.

     She hugged her legs and tucked her head into her arms, crying as quietly as she could.

     Knight rubbed his head against her arm, whining at the sight of his sad mistress.

     Meenu sighed when she heard this.

     Now she felt like she was burdening Knight too.

     She lifted her head up and smiled at the wolf. Her hand ran through his soft fur and she felt, surprisingly, a lot better.

     She kept smiling at the wolf as she took shaky breaths.

     Then she realized something.

     Maybe she could just marry the king. She could marry him and pretend to be happy.

     That way, her parents wouldn't need to be worrying all the time.

     And with all the riches she would get for being the queen... She could definitely take care of her parents with that money.

     She could do that... With all the trouble she's caused her parents... Maybe that was the right thing to do.

     Suddenly, Knights ears pointed up, and a moment later, she saw someone standing in front of her.

     She knew immediately who it was and her heart started to beat a little faster.

     "How come you're always here?" She asked him.

     Blood crossed his arms and looked down at her. "I can see a lot from the top of a tree in Feyran."

     It made sense. But Meenu really thought this was bad timing.

     "What are you crying about?" He asked her.

     "I'm not crying."

     Blood smiled behind his mask. "Does it have to do with me?"

     "No." She wondered why he even asked that.

     "Hmm… So something is bothering you."

     Meenu looked at Blood with a frown.

     He chuckled as he sat down next to her. "My father used to tell me that every time you talked about your problem, the amount of worry you feel would halve."

     "Your father?" It was the first time he spoke of his family.

     Blood looked at her. "Do you want to give his advice a try?"

     Meenu hugged her legs tighter. She didn't really want to talk about it. But she did want to see if his father was right.

     She's never really talked much about her problems before. If this worked then maybe everything would be better.

     She crossed her legs and picked at the green grass she was sitting on. "I think I might just go ahead and marry the King."

     Blood was shocked by this. "Why?"