Chapter 13: Confronting The Murphys

A/N: Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been so long!!! I've had a lot going on at school and everything so this week has been pretty rough. I'll keep you guys updated!!!

-

"Y-you ready, C-Connor?" Connor gulped, his hands gripping the car door's handle. He was, quite frankly, scared shitless. It took a moment for him to even register Evan's words. He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath, then nodding. Evan smiled, unsure, but nonetheless proud of Connor. They walked, hand in hand, to the door; Connor gained strength from the touch of his Tree Boy.

He gulped down air, yet again, when the reached the doorway, Evan rubbing circles along the back of his hand. Evan shot Connor a reassuring smile, but Connor's stare remained intent on the door. He slowly reached up a shaking hand, using his spare key to unlock the door, before slowly opening the door.

They were immediately confronted by an angry Larry, a relieved Cynthia, and an indifferent Zoe. Connor sighed, looking at Evan, who nodded encouragingly. Connor stepped forward slightly, looking his family in the eyes.

"Larry- er- DAD, and Mom, we need to talk. It's about, uh, me?" He turned to Evan, desperate for assistance. Evan gave Connor a small smile, his need to help the taller male much greater than the deep-seeded anxiety rooted in the pit of his stomach.

"Um, y-yeah, you should listen to C-Connor." Larry glared at Evan, before turning his gaze to Connor again.

"Connor Murphy, EVERYTHING is about you. We don't have to worry about most anything; except you. And you still haven't explained to us who this kid is." Larry pointed at Evan, but continued to stare at his son. Connor gritted his teeth, opening his mouth to scream at his father, but Evan intervened. He stood between the duo, while Cynthia went to Larry, telling him to calm down.

"Larry, we need to hear what Connor has to say. He's finally opening up! Isn't this what you wanted?" Her eyes begged Larry, who softened slightly, grumbling a bit before mumbling a somewhat reluctant 'fine'. Evan beamed, and turned to Connor, who still seemed slightly distrusting.

Cynthia and Larry began walking to the living room, Zoe following suite, rolling her eyes. Connor was dumbfounded; they were ACTUALLY going to let him talk... hopefully. Evan grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly before they both followed. They sat across from the remaining Murphy's, all watching expectantly.

"So... Mom, Dad, and... Zoe. Uh, well, first off, this is Evan. Evan Hansen, my b- my friend." Connor was a light shade of pink, while Evan was bright red and picking at his cast, avoiding all eyes. Larry arched an eyebrow, and Zoe snickered. Cynthia smirked at Larry, holding her hand out.

"I win. Both are gay, you owe me a twenty." Connor was now fully shocked, staring slack-jawed at his parents. Evan and Zoe were both equally as shocked. Larry rolled his eyes.

"Come on Cynthia, we don't know he's GAY, exactly." Zoe began laughing loudly now, and everyone else in the room stared at her. Once she calmed down, she looked at her parents, a shit-eating grin on her face.

"Sorry Dad, you owe Mom a twenty." She smirked. Connor's blush now reached his ears, but he slowly nodded his head. Well, that was ONE way to come out. After Cynthia had her twenty and everyone had calmed down, Connor cleared his throat to regain attention.

"Well, anyways... I- I wanna go to rehab. I wanna get help."

-

A/N: This will pick up in the next chapter, I promise!!! See ya guys then, and I love you all. Wish my luck on my audition!!!