Study, stupid and secrets

Jace pov.

She made her way up the stairs and I looked down at the book in front of me. I can't believe Izzy told her about my tragic past, I was 9 when my parents died in a house fire. My father had rescued me from the house but when he ran back through the flames to find my mother there was a huge explosion. I was stood only a few feet away from the burning building, so I was thrown back by the explosion. I woke up 3 days later in a hospital bed, with Maryse and Robert looking over me.

3 weeks later I went to my Mother and Father's funeral.

I snapped back to reality as I heard Clary coming down the stairs, "So what have you learned since I left?" she asked rubbing her fiery waves with a towel. she had changed into some comfy shorts and an over sized t-shirt with buildings spread across it, 'I love NYC' written below the buildings. I shook my head and she laughed. "This is why I need you to teach me, I need your explanations, you should start writing these textbooks you make way more sense." She smiled putting the towel down on the couch. She sat beside me and ran her fingers across the page I was on. "It might help if the book was the right way up." she continued to laugh as she flipped the book around. "And the only reason my explanations are easier to compreh... understand, is because I reduce my use of big words down to a minimum." I gasp.

"Are you implying I am stupid, I would have you know I comprehend things, just fine, Thank you very much," I said, Mock-defence in my tone.

"So what is a Redox reaction?" She smirked. I had never seen her smirk before, it was adorable.

"An oxidation-reduction, other wise known as the redox reaction is a type of chemical reaction that involves a transfer of electrons between two species," I said glancing discreetly at the book that was resting in my lap.

"You cheat!" she exclaimed slamming the book closed.

We spent the rest of the night studying and eventually Clary fell asleep, her head rested on my out stretched legs. I was growing tired and I didn't want to wake her so I reached over and grabbed the blanket off of the couch and covered her with it. I lay back and left her curled by my legs, but as I was fading to sleep I felt her move and her head moved up to my chest and her arm and leg drooped across my body. I wrapped my arm around her and fell into a dream world.

As the light crept through the window and lit up the living room, I was sleeping in, my eyes reluctantly opened to see Clary with our limbs intertwined and head rested on my chest. I smiled at the sight of hair being illuminated by the early morning sun.

I slide her head from my chest onto a pillow, and carefully moved so we were no longer intertwined. I slipped into the kitchen and looked through the fridge and cupboards.

20 minutes later I walked into the living room with a stack of pancakes...

"Clary," I whispered shaking her gently, she turned towards me. she opened one eye and she smiled showing all her pearly whites. she sat up and looked down at the pancakes I had placed on her lap.

"What happened last night?" she asked looking at my creased shirt and hair. As her green eyes trailed from my shirt up over my face and onto my hair, a shiver was sent through my body.

"We must have fallen asleep while study, I woke up about half an hour ago and I didn't want to wake you so early, so I made chocolate chip pancakes," I explained as I handed her a fork and some honey. She looked at me in surprise. I had noticed the other day when she ate breakfast at our house that she ate her pancakes with honey. I smirked and dug into my stack.

"What time is it anyway?" she asked as she finished eating her first pancake.

"6ish, I think." we talked as we ate and when she finished I picked up her plate and started walking toward the kitchen.

"I'm gonna go get ready, then we can head round yours, so you can get ready for school."

"Okay, I'll clean up down here," I shouted to her as she climbed the stairs. After 15 minutes of cleaning the kitchen and putting the living room back the way I found it, Clary was finally ready to go.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, i try to make them 1000 words or more. I just want to thank you for reading my story i really enjoy writing stories and decided i wanted to find out if other people enjoy reading my writing as much as i enjoy writing. I don't have a set publishing day so please bare with me.