The beauty, The brainy and The boasting

A few days later was the first day of my senior year and I was unusually excited, I put on some ripped jeans, a graphic tee and my doc martins. I picked Maya up and we went to school. my schedule was almost identical to Maya's except for AP chem. The year started on a high note, I had Art, ever since I can remember I would sit and watch my mom paint and be mesmerized by each brush stroke. as I grew up it became apparent that I had inherited her talent, drawing was my therapy.

the first 2 lessons flew by and it was lunch, Maya guided me to a table that sat a beautiful dark haired girl that would most likely tower over me, but at 5ft it wasn't much of an accomplishment, and by her side a scrawny brown haired boy, his smile soft but it was his over powering feature. Maya sat down opposite them and I sat beside her. "Hi I'm Simon Lewis and this is Isabelle Lightwood but everyone calls her Izzy." the boy's smile seemed to brighten and the girls bright blue eyes lit up as she looked at me."Hey, I'm Clarissa Fray, but everyone calls me Clary." I beamed back.

"Nice to meet you, Clary!" Izzy smiled back

"So how do you know Maya?" Simon questioned as he looked from me to Maya,

"Her mom is dating Luke and they moved into his house," Maya answered

"Oh that's cool, I'm guessing the Ferrari in the parking lot is yours." Izzy said, I nodded and my smile got bigger as I thought about my Ferrari it's still weird to think, 'i have a Ferrari'

Lunch went by quick and learned more things about Izzy and Simon, like that they are dating and that they are Maya's childhood friends.

The last lesson of the day came around quick and it was the only lesson I had without Maya, so I felt a little timid as I walked in, "Good afternoon students those who don't know me I am Mr. Herondale your teacher for the year in AP chemistry, I will be assigning your lab partners for the rest of the year today, so don't get comfortable in these seats."He said looking at me as I took a random seat. When we were put into our seats I was sat alone, apparently, my lab partner was off sick according to another student that sat a few seats in front, the lesson sped by and I met Maya and Izzy by my car. We had arranged to go round Izzy's house to watch movies.

"By the way my brother is sick, so avoid him at all costs." Izzy laughed as she climbed into the back of my car. I thought about it for a while, was that my lab partner? no, it couldn't be his name was Wayland and Izzy's name is Lightwood. once we began talking and laughing, the thought disappeared.

it was a ten-minute drive to Izzy's but when we pulled up it was a beautiful lush mansion, definitely bigger than Luke's. we walked inside and were met by a tall slim boy, with the same dark hair and beautiful blue eyes as Izzy.

"Hey Alec, this is my new friend, Clary and you know Maya" Izzy announced as she walked through the door, Alec's eye drifted to me and he stood up to greet me.

"Nice to meet Clary, and nice to see you, Maya, " he said with a smile. He was at least a foot taller than me and usually, i would feel intimidated but his soft features and warm smile made me feel secure. "you don't seem ill." I replied turning toward Izzy,

"Izzy must have told you about Jace, he is upstairs," he said his eyes drifting to Izzy. Izzy directed us to the living room and we settled into the couch as Izzy disappeared into, what I assumed was the kitchen. "Izzy, I'm going out with Magnus, will you check on Jace and make sure he isn't dead for me?" he shouted from the front door a few seconds later the door closed. "my ears are burning," a smooth voice traveled through the house.

"Jace, get back to bed I don't want you infecting my guests!" Izzy yelled rushing to the bottom of the stairs.

"Why deny them the pleasure of my presence?" Jace replied still at the top of the staircase

"Your presence is no pleasure especially when you're contagious." Izzy laughed but still with some seriousness in her voice.

"I am wounded, dear sister," he replied with a mock tone of hurt in his voice. I looked at Maya as she was trying so hard not to laugh, she looked at me and we just burst out laughing we couldn't hold it anymore.

"Who's here anyway?" I heard him say over our laughter, he coughed a bit and then settled.

"Maya," she said slowly,

"and? I know that laughter isn't your pipsqueak of a boyfriend." he quizzed, my laughter subsided as he insulted Simon, I have only known Simon and Izzy a day but I was strangely protective over them already. "And Clary," she replied with annoyance now plaguing her tone.

"Clary, huh?" he paused taking a breath before coughing again. "Never heard of her before."

"She is new. Luke's new girlfriend's daughter. Just started at Alicante Prep. Now get back to bed you can meet her when you're better, I'm sure it would be much better that way." she continued heading up the stairs. a few moments later I heard a door close and steps coming down the stairs.

"So you're brothers a bit of a narcissist?" I smiled as Izzy sat down on the sofa next to Maya. Izzy and I lay back on either end of the couch with our legs on Maya's lap. "What gives you that impression," she replied sarcastically, we all began laughing.

Later on i wake up and Maya and izzy were asleep on the other side of the couch, the tv was still on. my throat was sore from all the laughing we did earlier, so i carefully got up making sure i didn't wake the girls up, i made my way into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards to find a glass. while I was standing at the sink getting water i heard a noise behind me.

"there are bottles in the fridge." i heard a familiar voice whisper. I turned to see a tawny boy, with golden eyes and blonde hair. He looked nothing like Alec and Isabelle. "i'm good with tap water, I assume you're Jace." i smiled, a shadow was across half his face so i conly see som of his face. "You would assume correct, I'm sure you're clary." he stepped further into the moon lit kitchen. his eyes even more beautiful than i though they were before. i thought Izzy and Alec were beautiful but Jace was even more incredible looking, i watched as his eyes drifted from my face down to my toes before drifting back up. "You're very sure of yourself, aren't you?" i replied before a smirk spread across his face..

"what's not to be sure of?" he began, "i am incredibly good looking and i am smart. Not to mention popular and athletic!" i laughed and turned back to the sink and picked up my drink that i had left on the side. " You also have a massive ego, don't forget that." he smirked and took a step closer to me. "shouldn't you be in bed, i thought you were sick?" i said walking away toward the door, stopping at the threshold and leaning on the frame. "I guess you're a miracle worker, Clary..." i realised he was thinking, trying to remember something he didn't know. "Fray." i informed him smiling at him, seeing that his brain was beginning to hurt from all the cogs turning. "Fray.." he mumbled with a small smile. "night, Goldilocks." i said as i stepped out the door making my way to the living room. "Night Red." i heard him say before i sat back on the couch and fell back into a deep sleep.