She wasn't as much as a key in this ploy but enough to do away with. That's why her name had to come out of the Goblet. That's why him and a few old friends came up with this plot. The Potters must be destroyed....in any way he could think of.

Her eyes read something even he, Barty Crouch Jr, couldn't pick up on. She was clever, he knew that from class. But something Samantha Potter was was irrational and careless at times. That showed just now when she blew her cover and revealed herself. It was her downfall that he was grateful of because now he knew to be more careful.

However he couldn't help but feel in his gut that she knew something and would connect a few dots if any more information was revealed. So the Death Eater had to do it. He took out his wand and pointed it at Samantha whose eyes widened. Her reactions weren't quick enough.

"Obliviate!"

• • • • •

"There you are," Fred spoke upon seeing Samantha in the Common Room some time later. He and George had been worried sick when she wasn't in her hiding spot after they returned from pranking Filch's office. They instantly walked back to the Common Room and found her sitting by the fire, staring into it with a blank expression.

Samantha didn't move. She continued to stare into the fire as her mind was feeling very disjointed for some reason. Why she was in the Common Room this late? Shouldn't she be sleeping?

"Hey!" George spoke and shook her shoulder, breaking her from her thoughts. "What's going on? Did something happen?"

Her head shook no. "I guess I'm just tired, that's all," That was the only thing Samantha could think of. No other thoughts came to mind as to why she felt so jumbled. The last thing she remembered was waiting for Fred and George. "Maybe I slept walked back here. It is very late," The clock on the wall read just after 2 in the morning.

Fred and George still didn't look too convinced and stared oddly at their friend who wore a frown. However, it was very late and even they felt hazy walking back to the Common Room. Mentioning being tired caused George to yawn and suddenly crave his bed. He was sure Lee was there waiting for them to return to talk about what they did to Filch. Lee's bed was right next to George's so he knew he probably wasn't going to bed any time soon. Him and Lee have always been super close, closer than Lee with Fred. This deepened due to Fred recently hanging out with Angelina more and more. It didn't take a genius to know why. But George didn't mind. His brother seemed happy and that meant he could hang out with Lee more.

"Right, well get some sleep then," George spoke as he held out his hand for Samantha to take. Once she did, he pulled her to her feet and gestured to the stairs. "Go on, we don't need you tired. We have mid terms coming up in the next two weeks."

Samantha nodded and bid them goodnight. Though climbing into bed, Samantha sighed and tried to find an answer as to why she felt so disordered. Did something happen? However if something major happened, then someone else would have been notified or would have escalated into something else.

It was late in the night so maybe she dosed off and slept walked back to the Common Room. Katie sometimes slept walked and said her recent memory felt disjointed. Samantha concluded that that is what happened and she fell asleep.

Sitting down for breakfast the next morning felt normal. Samantha brushed off her odd feeling and felt someone sit down next to her. "Good morning," a rough male voice spoke.

Samantha turned and smiled slightly when seeing Marcus. "Hello."

"I already know we're going to be up to our knees with homework," Marcus said which caused Fred and George to groan.