Things That Go Bump in the Night

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
A dark laugh sounded throughout the castle, and it sent horrid chills down the team members spines as it carried on through the castles empty halls.

It was something straight out of a movie.

The kind where it's teenagers at a sleep over, and they tell spooky stories and joke and shove. Until it all becomes too real.

Classic thing like that, irony.

It was real, and maybe there wasn't sleepovers, but it was something straight out of the nightmares and deepest fears of each member of Voltron.

The laugh sounded again.

"Come on, friends. Didn't you say I was apart of your team?" Lances voice sounded through the halls, and whimpers bounced off of corners and on walls.

Pidge.

Lance laughed again, striding down the dark corridor of the castle, having cut the power for the most part as Lotors corruption took effect.

He had been acting weird since the last mission. Lance as been temporarily trapped by Lotor, but then suddenly let free. 

Now they knew what had happened, and what Lance had seemingly forgotten about.

His old paladin armor had turned black, and what once was a cheery blue color was now a dark purple, the 'V' shape on his breastplate slashed through from Pidges bayard.

Before he'd captured her.
During the struggle.
After she had lost.

The only light that shown anywhere near him, was the yellow and purple of his yea and pupils, like a cats eyes in a camera lens. It wa terrifying.

"Don't you want your Pidge Podge? Doesn't she have the cure? But wait? You can't activate the serum without her?" Lance threw his head back and let out another laugh.

Allow me to introduce the situation.

Lance held the end of his old bayard, turned to a shot gun, up against the side of Pidges skull as he dragged the crying girl down hall after hall.

Bait.
---

Everything had been going fine.

They were all having dinner, and Lance had been acting a little strange, but maybe it wasn't as unusual at the time as it should have been.

The blue paladin complained mostly about his eyes hurting, and about feeling a little down, but that had been it.

Hunk had left him well wishes when Shiro offered that Lance go to bed, and the Cuban boy had done just that.

He said goodnight, trudged off to bed, and no one heard from him for hours.

"What did you think that was about?" Keith asked through a mouthful of CinnaMint foam, brushing his teeth as he stood with the others in the lounge.

"I think maybe he just looked at the lights too much in training today. We were working on looking up from above attacks, so maybe he just has a sensitivity." Shiro offered, slipping into his black lion slippers.

Hunk, laying back on a couch to himself, furrowed his brows and thought about that. He didn't remember Lance with a history of light sensitivity.

"I dunno guys...maybe it was just a headache or something. It could be a minor sickness." Hunk offered.

Pidge didn't seem to interested, "Whatever it was, it doesn't matter right now. He's not going to skip out on the planet gazing tonight. Coran said the hips going to orbit a planet that only shows on the third day of the month every ten thousand years!"

She had a point. They'd been excited about this for days, and there was always the chance it slipped Lances mind since he didn't feel good.

The others seemed to think this made right sense. "Go get him, Pidge? We're gonna turn out the lights and get ready."

With a groan, the green paladin got up and stumped off to Lances bedroom, not enthusiastic about the fact she had to get up.

"Dumb Lance and his dumb headache... Get himself back there!" She grumbled.

As Pidge neared Lances room, she felt something uneasy grow inside her gut, but she wasn't sure what it was.

Usually she could hear Lance snoring, or the sounds of sheets shuffling, sometimes light music, but now it was completely quiet.

Pidge stood outside Lances door, tilting her head and leaned in to try and listen. Not a sound, which made her frown.

Did Lance feel really THAT bad?
Her small fist knocked, "Lance?"

No answer.

She didn't have the energy or the care to go in or knock harder to wake him up. Lance was a hard sleeper when hewanted to be.

"Okay, fine. I'll just---"

As the green paladin turned, she screamed as she became face to chest with someone.

"Oooh! God you scared me, fu--- Lance?"

An evil grin came across his face, and Pidge felt her heart stops she looked up at him,unaware of the events that were to come.

The corruption that had taken place.
What line in store.

Her voice shook, hands trembling.
Oh god.

"...Lance....?"