Trapped.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
Lance ran like hell.

The way his long legs carried him across the gravel terrain was something almost inhuman. A dull gray haze fell around everywhere.

Wheeze wheeze wheeze.

A roar sounded behind him and the ground rumbled beneath his feet, loud pounding as giant steps were taken by the being.

Anxiety.
Hello, have we met?

The boys heart pounded, a sound loud in his ears and he could feel and hear the blood pumping  within his body.

The monster stood hundreds of feet tall, tall and lack and made of solidified and gaseous blacked smoke and soot.

Everything it passed was shrouded in the suffocating stuff, and there was no escaping.

It has glowing green eyes, a hideous smile, and long arms that stretched for miles like tendrils.

Anxiety, hello.

"Mierda, Mierda!" Lance shouted, expertly (okay, clumsily) spinning around a ragged rock protruding and blocking his path.

"Fuck!"

Lance felt the monsters smoke on the back of his neck, feel it's heat and at the same time the numbing cold.

No Escape.

He ducked, nearly getting beheaded as a cave neared and darkness surrounded. Swear dripped down his cheeks and rolled down his neck.

"O-Oh God."

Lance couldn't see a thing, but felt much around him. An icy blast of wind filled the cave as Anxiety tore through the mountainous structure, but was unable to get inside.

Breathe, if he could.

The boys legs trembled until the gave out and he hit the rocky surface with rough knees.

Trapped.

Lance was stuck in this dark cave, the monstrous entity surrounding him and if he it out he was done for.

Now he had a choice, and choices only made Anxiety grow bigger and stronger.

Stay in here, forever, and slowly turn into something worse than the THING outside.

Or, try and escape, and run until anxiety caught back up with him to the next thing.
That, then face the consequences that came with the Anxiety.

You see the trouble?

Trembling hands brushed his sopping hair back from his forehead and Lance took even breaths.

"Okay, Lance. You're fine."

Why wouldn't this stop?
What was going on?

He felt like he's been running for ages and that there had been an indefinite and endless cycle of this.

It was only a simulation, why did it feel so real and why wasn't it stopping? Wasn't it supposed to stop if it got too bad?

That was right. Lance was in a simulation generated by Coran as a practice for the team.

You went in, the system would create a simulation of your biggest personal trouble.

Hunk's was his overthinking.
Keith's was his irrationalit, act before thorough thinking through something..

Pidge's was something along the lines of insomnia, leaving her sitting in a simulation where he seemingly hand slept for a week.

Shiro had to face his PTSD, as it got in the way with a lot of his fighting

Lance had his overall generalized anxiety.
There was a lot more smaller parts of that, like his insecurities and depressing tendencies but they weren't included in THIS simulation.

Now Lance wouldn't say that his simulation was the worst. It was worse for everyone in their own way.

But his was the one that was so intense, the system couldn't handle it. It fried the system and Coran couldn't figure out how to stop it.

The team had to watch Lance run around the training room, screaming for it to stop and swear words.

At some point the blue paladin just threw himself against a wall and lay against it shaking.

Shiro and Allura were down there keeping close to him, the others helping Coran. It was hectic.

"Lance..." Shiro shook the sweaty boys shoulder, concern on his face.

The two of them noticed that the blue eyed boy wasn't twitching and shouting as much, as if it had calmed down.

"Coran! Is it almost fixed?! Lance can't take much of this any longer!" Allura called up.

The mustachioed man answers quickly, "Pidge is working on it! We've got the image back up, we can see him. Pidge was able to put a hiding spot in the simulation to hold off the creature, he is in a cave and calming down."

"How much longer?!"

Pidge took the mic from Coran, "I've almost got it, only a few more---"

Suddenly the lights in the training room flashed brighter, and then went out.

A silence fell upon them, very one looking around as the light blue emergency lights turned on.

"...Coran?"

There were a few ticks that passed before they got an answer from the crowd above.

"Princess, uh. The system was corrupted, it shut itself down and it took out the castles power." Pidge mumbled, her voice uneven.

Shiro spoke now, "What does that mean?"

The tension in the space couldn't have been tighter, no one dared to speak the truth.

Their greatest fear confirmed with acorns following words, and hearts dropped.

Faces fell.
Sweat dropped.
Eyes were wide.

"...I'm afraid... Lance is trapped in the simulation, we can't get him out."