Lost Boy.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
Lance stood, eyes wide and frantic as they scanned the forest like surroundings that he was engulfed in.

On any other occasion, he would have enjoyed this and taken a moment to admire the scenery all around him.

It was like Earth.

The ground was a dark brown, but as it was wet it had an almost maroon look to it.

It was hilly, no part of the terrain was flat and that made it hard for Lance to efficiently move in his armor.

The wetnes of it made it slick too.

Trees of all sorts filled the forest. Groups of tall and skinny trees that stretched high into the endless fog that surrounded the blue paladin.

Squat, branch you trees that had a width longer than Lance was tall. Little bushes freckled the moist ground he ran upon.

An occasional log, a twig here and there.

The air smelled musty and like the outside dos after it was raining, only much stronger on this planet.

A dead quiet was all around, and the dog that hung low misted the blue eyes boys suit with a few like substance.

Abandoned trails where animals had fled could be seen through underbrush as Lance started to walk on.

He heard static in his helmet, which is the only thing the boy had been hearing for hours.

"Pidge? Hunk?" Lance lifted his bayard and held it at his shoulder, taking slow and even breaths.

"Shiro?"

Lance looked around, and decided to stop at a tree to catch his breath and recall what exactly was going on.

The castle had had to make an emergency landing, which was more of a crash than it was anything else.

Lance remembered getting flung from somewhere, hearing Keith yelling his name, and then his face full of dirt and then silence.

It had taken Lance awhile to take in where he was, then he started to look for the others. How far had he been separated?

Lance caught his breath, then started stalking back the way he had been making.

In all honesty, he had no idea which way to go, or where he was going.

He had been wandering aroun endlessly for what felt like hours. Maybe four hours?

A soft whimper escaped as he trekked on and he started to grow uneasy.

What if they left without him?
What if Lance was lost forever out here?
Were they dead? Injured?

He squeezed his red shirt and took a few breaths, focusing.

"They wouldn't leave me. They're looking too. It's a big planet, yeah." Lance huffed.

The blue paladin wasn't convincing himself very well and it wasn't making the situation any easier.

It reminded him of the time wen he was a kid and had gotten lost in the giant supermarket.

Well, maybe it wasn't very big but he was small and that scared him greatly.

Lance had gone off to look at the lobsters and the other arthropods, and his Mama hadn't noticed his departure due to the fact that there were so many siblings to tend to.

Before he knew it, there was an announcement that the store was closing, and Lance had remained alone.

He had made it back, of course.

Turns out his mother had actually left the store and had to drive back after the family noticed Lance was nowhere to be found.

She had made a big fuss when they were reunited, crying as mothers would.

His ear hurt for a week after he was practically tugged home by it.

But as all things went, everyone had just been glad he was okay and was back. They'd joke about it for years to come.

As of right now, Lance wasn't finding the situation one to joke about.

The blue paladin was terrified of being forgotten, left behind.

He didn't notice when he'd laid himself upon the first floor to curl up and to sob and shake.

Lance was tired.
His nerves were shot.

He was alone and scared and had know idea where he was, or how long he'd be alone here.

Lance must have fallen asleep.

A light hand brushed his shoulder and he opened his blue eyes.

There was the team.

They were all huddled in the burnt wreckage of the side of the castle.

Everyone was covered in ash and minor burns and scrapes.

They all looked worried, but relieved.

Lance may have started crying.
Maybe.

But in the end thy were all alive and they were hugging and laughing amongst burnt wreckage.

It was messed up.

But it was family.
And that's all they had in this never land.