Reminders.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---

Lance grinned as the little alien girl handed him what appeared to be a seashell.

It was bright orange with purple and green spirals, and when Lance moved closer he could see little blue creatures that lived within its shell.

The thing was absolutely beautiful in the blue Paladins eyes. And he bowed to the little girl, taking her hand and gave it a little kiss.

"Why thank you,little lady." He laughed softly, the child turning ad running to her mother with a happy smile and pinkish blush.

"Ready to go, Lance?" Shiro called over from the castle, and Lance nodded.

"Coming!"

As he boarded the Blue Lion, Lance made sure to add the shell to his little collection within her.

The blue eyed paladin had a collection of souvenirs that he got from the planets he had saved over the course of the past year and a half.

He had flowers, shells, rocks, plants, necklaces, and more from everywhere they had been.

It made him feel appreciated and gave him a sense of honor and pride. All of them personal little ago events for the good he has done.

It was a reminder.

"Lance watch out!!!!"

"Wha---" He was knocked out of his thoughts when suddenly an explosion hit the hangar side of the castle and Blue, along with the other lions with their Paladins, were thrown from the blast.

"Paladins!!!!" Allura could be heard screaming, "It's Zarkon! No!!!"

Everyone's cries were heard over com, the sounds of flames and shooting heard around them.

"Paladins, check in. Black lion is down but I'm okay." The raspy voice of Shiro grunted out, "Keith?"

"C-Copy that, Shiro. I'm here, Reds fine, but I think I screwed up my shoulder." He groaned, "What about you Pidge?"

"Green isn't responding, but I'm fine. The blast fried her circuits I think, she won't turn on. Hunk?"

The yellow paladin moaned, "We are fine, except my stomach. That was rough." The sound of Hunk getting sick had everyone wincing.

"What about Lance? Lance?"

The blue paladin smiled, slumped in his seat as he bled from a gash in his side. This was okay.

It hurt a lot and he felt woozy, but it would be fine, right?

"I'm hurt, g-guys..." He whispered, unable to be louder than he was. It was really hot, he could feel the fire and see it through Blues eyes.

"She's down...." He murmured, looking around slowly. Take it all in one last time.

It was a reminder, all of the things he had done for the universe. Blue Paladin of Voltron.

He saved all these people.

Lance may have never gotten much verbal recognition for his work like the others did, and maybe he wasn't the best paladin.

But looking at these small trophies from citizens of planets, he felt proud of himself.

He may not be Keith, or Shiro.
He wasn't Pidge or Hunk.

He was Lance.

And as he sat there, albeit dying, he was happier than ever. He would die a paladin of Voltron.

How many people could say that?

Lance closed his eyes, smiling.
Things hurt, but it was for the better.

He didn't need his statue or parade or celebration. He had all that he wanted right here.

Reminders.