Forever Bound: Thirty-One

Unbroken

Skylar's POV 

It's been a very good week. Blake and I are officially back together and I couldn't be more happier. He promised me that he wouldn't screw it up this time, and i'm letting it go and putting all my trust in him. I was going to fall harder than ever this time, and nothing was going to happen to me.

I even sat down and wrote a song about it. I'm not so sure that it's a good song, but I'm going to play it for him tonight after our date, them i'm going to tell him i'm ready, and that i've never felt like this before. 

"Blake, come on!" I yell as we are sitting parked in my drive way.

"Skylar, calm down. I'm not going anywhere." He said with a laugh.

We had just gotten back from the restaurant and I desperately want to play him this song. I needed him to hear everything i've been feeling. It's the only way to know... and to move forward. 

So I jumped out of the car and made a run for the door. I was laughing the whole way, and praying that Blake was following, even though I knew he would.

I turned around once I felt his arms encircle my waist. He was so close that my breathing hitched. 

"Well hello there." I whispered as his face inched closer and closer to mine. And just like that, we were kissing outside my house. 

Yet I had to break it apart to get what I had planned down. So I tugged at his hands and lead him into my room.

He flopped onto my bed.

"So what's this surprise, Skies?" He asked as he flicked the TV on.

"I'm going to play you another song. And I need you to listen closely and find the hidden meaning in it. okay?" I asked with a smile.

"Of Course. Now let me hear your beautiful voice serenade my wonderful face." He said while propping his head up with his hand.

"Don't laugh, okay?" I said nervously.

"Baby, you're so cute. Just play it." He said with a laugh.

I cleared my throat and began to strum away on my guitar.

Locked up tight

Like I would never feel again

Stuck in some kind of love prison

And threw away the key, oh, oh

Terrified until I stared into your eyes

I looked up and smiled as his blue eyes watched me intently with a goofy grin on his face.

Made me stop to realise

The possibilities

So, so

I’m gonna love you like I’ve never been broken

I’m gonna say it like it’s never been spoken

Tonight, tonight I’m letting go, go, go, go

I’m gonna give it like it’s never been taken

I’m gonna fall like I don’t need saving

Tonight, tonight I’m letting go, go, go

So played out

The same lies with a different face

But there’s something in the words you say

That makes you all feel so real

I’m gonna love you like I’ve never been broken