Chapter 38

Camila's POV
Prom has gone by and is almost over. It was a lot of fun overall, something felt off with me and Lauren though.
Everything was fine until she came back from talking to Demi. After that, she felt odd. She wasn't mad or anything, just off.
She stared into the distance a lot and was deep in thought for some time.
"Hey Lo" I put my hand on her shoulder as she got out of her trance and smiled weakly at me.
"Is everything ok?" I asked worriedly. She got up from her seat and stood in front of me as she held both of my hands.
"Everything is ok babe. As long as I have you." She kissed my forehead and took my hand to lead me to the dance floor.
"Let's go dance the night away, shall we?" She winked at me as we made our way to a dance circle with all our friends.
_______________________________
Camila's POV
It's been a couple of days since prom and things have still been off. Lauren has been dodging my texts and I haven't seen her all weekend.
I have seriously had enough. I decided to go ask Normani if she knows anything. She is Lauren's best friend after all.
I drove to her house and knocked on the door to find it open. So I went up to Normani's room.
As I was about to enter, I found a sight I really didn't need to see.
Dinah and Normani were sucking face on her bed. They still haven't noticed my presence, so I slightly coughed as they took noticed and pulled apart from each other.
"Ever heard of knocking Mila?" Dinah asked a little flushed. "Ever heard of locking your front door?" I shot back with a smug face.
"I need to talk to you guys if you aren't too busy sucking face at 10 in the morning." They both blushed.
They both sat up on the bed ready to hear what I have to say.
"Have you guys noticed anything wrong with Lauren lately? She has been acting off since prom and is dodging my texts."
They both looked at me confused. "Wait what?" Normani spoke up. "That's weird. During prom she was talking to me about how well you both are doing."
I sighed since this doesn't really explain why she has been avoiding me.
Dinah stayed quiet for a bit and seemed a bit deep in thought.
"Hey what day is it today?" She asked finally.
"The 20th, why?" I answered.
"She was supposed to get her college acceptance letters yesterday."
What? Why didn't she tell me about that. Why would she hide this? Did she get rejected?