Chapter 23

Camila's POV
I woke up before dawn to a quiet house. Both Lauren and Sofi were still asleep.
I made my way down to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. I didn't want Lauren to go through the trouble of making me breakfast. She has already done so much for me.
I really don't know where I would be without her.
I have been going dragging her through all of my problems and she has never failed to be there for me. I am so utterly in love with her.
I made my way to the kitchen and started making pancakes. After I finished, I went up to grab my phone and wait till someone wakes up.
I realized that with all the commotion that happened yesterday. I forgot my phone in Lauren's car last night.
I quickly grabbed her keys from her bedroom and went back down.
When I opened the front door, I noticed a letter on the front porch.
It's probably for Lauren so I took it with me inside after I grabbed my phone from the car.
I set it on the dining table and decided to go wake up Lauren since it was about 8 a clock by now and I kinda missed her.
As I entered the room quietly, I couldn't help but swoon over the view of a sleeping Lauren. She looked nothing short of pure adorable with her mouth opened so slightly and her even breathes making her chest rise and fall.
I made my way next to her and began caressing her cheek softly.
"Lolo, wake up babe." I whispered in her ear as she began to shift slightly.
"Five more minutes." She groaned which made me giggle. Someone's not a morning person.
I tried to convince her further. "I made pancakes." I stated which got her eyes to open wildly and for her to grab my hand and ran downstairs. She is such a child.
We both made it to the kitchen in a matter of seconds due to Lauren's excitement. "Oh my God Camz, they smell so good!" She exclaimed as she got two plates and set some pancakes on both.
We sat down and began downing down the pancakes and getting into easy conversation.
"Hey leave some pancakes for when Sofi wakes up." She told me as she gathered our plates after we both finished. She then noticed the letter I found on the porch.
"Hey whats that?" She asked as she inspected the envelope.
"Oh I found it on your porch when I went out to get my phone from your car. I thought it was an electrical bill or something." I shrugged as she opened the piece of mail.
She began to read the top as her mouth hung open and she looked a little shocked.
"Camila this isn't a bill. It's a letter from your mom."