Chapter 2

Lauren's POV
Ughhhh, I hate my algebra teacher for making me miss lunch to do my unfinished homework. Now I'm on my way to music class and I can hear my stomach begging me for food.
Today has not been the best. First, I overslept so I drove to school like a maniac, then I found out that auditions for the school play are tomorrow and I have not prepared myself and now I spent all of seventh period convincing the principal not to cut music class due to the lack of students. I swear I'm gonna marry whoever the other student in the class is, they just saved my ass without even realizing it.
As I get near the auditorium, I hear a faint sound of guitar strings ringing. I stand right behind the door so I can listen closer, I start to hear a slight humming of a very intriguing voice.
Would I be able to see you blush
If we locked eyes and our fingers touched
Or would you just push me away
And tell me its not the time or place
Holy shit she sounds incredible! Who is this?
Would you find my face in a crowded room?
Would you mind if I told you I loved you too soon?
I was so mesmerized by her voice, I didn't notice the door was slowly closing, causing a loud thud to be heard and the music to stop.
"Is anyone there?" The mystery girl asked and I was seriously considering running away, but a big part of me really wanted to know who this girl is.
"Umm...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything" I stuttered out "I have a music lesson here and I didn't want to interrupt you,... That uhh, sounded really good" I managed to get out while slowly walking down to where the girl was sitting. I still wasn't able to see who she was.
"Thank you" I heard the girl whisper. "I'm Camila, I take music with you" she said slightly raising her voice, I was able to spot a slight British accent which I melted for.
"Nice to meet you Camila, my name is Laur..." I stopped at my tracks when I was able to see her face. She was stunning. Her eyes were simply captivating. They reminded me of what my mom would always tell me, about how you never know how beautiful the color brown can be, until you fall in love with a brown eyed person. My stare went down to her plump lips as I noticed that the smile that was planted on then is slowly fading. That is when I realized I have been staring for longer than what is considered appropriate.
"Umm that's an interesting name, nice to meet you Lor" she giggled slightly.
"Lauren! My name is Lauren. Sorry I got umm, distracted for a second there." I explained my voice fading slightly with every word as my face grew red.
"Heyy by any chance are you friends with Ally and her friends? Because I met them and they said they are friends with a Lauren." She smiled while explaining.
"Yeah those losers are my friends" I joked as I was slightly gaining back my composure. There was a slight silence until Camila spoke again. "Is the teacher ever gonna get here?" "Oh we don't exactly have a teacher." I explained as I remembered the book I got from the principal's office. "This is going to be a self study course." I explained further while opening the syllabus.
"This book has all the requirements in order to pass this class. By the end of the semester, each of us needs to compose a song with lyrics and using one instrument, as well as a song we wrote together as a class." She got closer to me and started reading the book in my hands further to grasp as much information as she can. I couldn't help but stare at her eyes as they moved through the lines on the page. She must have felt my eyes since she looked up and caught my gaze. We stayed in that position for a couple seconds, and I noticed a tinted shade of pink taking over her cheeks which made my stomach go on a frenzy.
After what felt like forever, her eyes dropped back down to the book in front of us.
"It looks like we have our work cut out for us this year, good thing we have each other huh?" She joked while closing the book.
"Yeah I'm sure we will be able to work..." I was interrupted by a ringing in Camila's pocket. She quickly took out her phone and read the text she just received.
"Oh shit, my mom can't take me home today, can you tell me if the bus station is near by, I hope I don't have to walk too far" she frowned.
"No need for a bus, I can take you home" I offered her with a nervous smile. "Oh, I don't want to be a bother..." She started "No bother at all, come on" I persuaded.
"Alright, let's go" she smiled