"That's not necessary, but thanks." I said bolting out the door

Samuel was talking to a few guards while smoking a cigarette when he saw me. He quickly put it out and came over to me.

"What's wrong?" he asked, "You're not supposed to leave for another few hours."

I looked to him and knew that I needed to tell someone. I pulled him out of everyone's ear shot and spoke in a hushed tone.

"I really need to go somewhere, but I don't want Giovanni to know." I confessed

"Where?"

"Ummm..."

He gave me a confused look.

"Could you just tell everyone not tell him?" I asked him

He was skeptical. Very.

"Please." I begged

"Drew," he was the only one to call me by first name, "If you're going to go be unfaithful, I don't-"

"Are you crazy? I like my life very much. Giovanni would kill me if I was cheating on him."

"Then where do you need to go?"

"I need to go...buy him a present." I said

He gave me a stern look. I just went to the car and opened the door. He came around and took his place in the driver seat.

"I don't like this." he told me

"It's a late wedding gift."

He looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"I can't tell them not to tell him, but I can try to distract them." he offered

"Thank you." I smiled

We drove two hours into the city as I instructed Samuel on where to go. I told him to stop a block away from the doctor's office so I could try to sneak in. Luckily the office was in a multi-business building, allowing me to keep my destination a secret. I quickly maneuvered my way across the street and into the building, hoping I could lose the guards.

Once I sprinted into the elevator with no one behind me, I let out a relieved breath. I calmed my nerves before the elevator door opened into the doctor's office. I gave my name at the reception desk and waited in the waiting room.

I was only waiting for five minutes, before my doctor came out. She led me to an exam room and closed the door behind her for privacy.

"So what's going on?" she asked me

"I think I'm pregnant." I rushed out, "I just want to be sure."

"Okay, well. Let's do a test."

She handed me a sample cup and led me to the bathroom. Once I was finished, she took the sample. I went back into the examination room and waited till she got back.

"So, while we're waiting on the results, why don't you tell me your symptoms."

"Well, I haven't had a period in almost two months. I can't fit my jeans, I eat weird combinations of food at three in the morning."

"Didn't you just plan your wedding?" she asked me

"Yeah, I got married almost three weeks ago."

"Could be stress. Any morning sickness?"

"I threw up this morning when I tried brushing my teeth."

"Ahh." she nodded, "Any breast tenderness?"