I

I should have known it was too good to be true. I had become comfortable with our simple life abroad that I had forgotten about our problems that remained at home.

Moving back into our condo in New York was not difficult given the fact that our furniture still remained.

"I know you're not the happiest to be back here," Giovanni said breaking my train of thought, "but after awhile, I was thinking we could move into a house."

I gave a slight smile.

"Yea, sure." I nodded

"Good," he smiled back, "I have to meet with Giorgio to discuss some things. Will you be okay here?"

"Yea, I'll be fine. I'll entertain myself somehow."

"My sister wouldn't mind hanging out with you, maybe you could call her."

"Yea, sure." I shrugged

He pulled me closer to him, with my back against him.

"I'll be home before dinner."

"So you just assumed that there will be dinner ready when you get home?"

"I didn't say you had to cook." He chuckled

"Well, I'm not." I said crossing my arms over my chest

"You know I love it when you get an attitude." He whispered into my ear

"Well you're going to love me the next couple of weeks."

"Drew, don't be like that."

"I am going to be like that."

"How about this: we order take out tonight and watch a movie together?" He offered

"Depends on what time you'll be home."

"Around ten."

"Nothing will be open at that time." I pointed out

"Chinese doesn't close till eleven and pizza is open till two."

I rolled my eyes as he smiled.

"I won't let you be mad at me forever."

"I can see."

"You can pick the movie-"

"That was already happening. And you will be picking up the food, so if I starve to death it'll be your fault."

"We can't have that, now can we?" He began kissing my neck, "Are you going to wait for me?"

I moved my shoulder up in an effort to stop the sensation that erupted in my body. I pulled away and looked up at him with my arms crossed.

"Maybe. Depends on how I feel." I joked

"Well, I was going to give you a surprise, but if you'll be sleeping, then I guess I'll give it to someone else."

I stepped up to him and poked his chest with my finger.

"Try it and see what happens." I threatened