V

"Are you sure you're going to be fine without me for a weekend?" I asked Giovanni

"Of course. Besides, I have very important things to do while you're gone."

"Like what?" I asked curiously

"Well, I have been put in charge of finding our venue, so I will be doing that for the whole weekend."

"I could come back at night if you need help." I offered

"You don't trust me?"

"I do."

"But...?"

"Well, the wedding is in seven months and we need a place that's going to be able to wed us on the exact date we want and-"

"Drew, I've got it." he said confidently

"I mean if you need me, you know you can call me."

"Why are you acting like this?" he asked me

"Like what?"

"Are you afraid to meet my cousins?" he pondered

"I'm never afraid."

"They'll like you. Just be yourself."

"I'm not afraid to meet your family."

"You are and it's okay. You're not used to all the estrogen."

He pulled me in for a hug.

"You'll be fine and you're going to have a great time."

"Okay." I said quietly

I received a text from Gabi, letting me know she was downstairs.

"You have to go." he instructed, "And when you get back, we'll talk all about it."

I smiled at him before giving him a kiss. I went to walk away, but he grabbed my hand.

"You didn't think I was letting you leave without walking you out, were you?"

I smiled as he grabbed my duffel bag by the door and walked me out. There was a black sedan outside waiting for me. Gabi rolled down the window and yelled at us.

"She doesn't need a chaperone!"

Giovanni ignored her and opened the trunk, placing my bag next to hers. When he closed it, he turned to me and kissed me long and hard.

"There will be guards at the hotel already." he informed me

"How many?"

"Enough for all of you. If you need anything, call me."

"I know." I smiled, "Same goes for you."

He pecked my lips before going to the car and opened the door for me. I slid in as Gabi moved over and he closed the door. I rolled down the window as he began walking away.