XIV

After Giovanni and I finished taking pictures, we headed to the hotel for our reception. I was still in my wedding dress and he was still dressed in his tux.

We were introduced as Mr. & Mrs. Amanté as we walked hand in hand in the room with all eyes on us. Our families cheered as we took our place at the table in the back of the room. There was a long table for the whole wedding party where we could see everyone.

After dinner was served, it was time for Giovanni and I's first dance. I placed my left hand in his and my right hand on his shoulder as the music started. We didn't practice at all; we just allowed the music to guide us.

"You look beautiful, tesoro." Giovanni complimented me

"Gracci." I smiled

Staring into his eyes and dancing with him while our family watched made me emotional. I immediately put my head on his shoulder as I began to feel tears.

"I'm crying." I told him

"Crying?"

"Yeah," I sniffed, "you know that thing you do when tears come down your face."

"Look at me." he commanded softly

"Everyone's going to see if I look up."

"They won't care."

I took a deep breath before looking at him.

"Why are you crying?" he asked me

"Cause this song...and this moment." I sniffed

He stopped us from dancing to wipe my tears from my face.

"I love you." he declared

"I mean, who wouldn't?" I smiled

"That sounds a lot more like you." he laughed

I looked around and I could tell everyone was confused on why we stopped dancing. Just as I was going to reach out to him so we could continue, he grabbed me and kissed me deeply. I could hear the excited yells as the song came to an end.

After our dance, everyone else invited themselves to the dance floor. For the most part, it seemed that everyone was co-mingling pretty well. Giovanni took me around the room and attempted to introduce me to new family members. Eventually he was dragged away by his uncles and I was left to fend for myself.

"Giovanni looks great in a suit." a woman said to me

She was pretty with straight, long blonde hair. She wore a gold gown with a slit that showed off her long legs. She was holding a glass of red wine, twirling it every so often.

"He does." I agreed

"I enjoyed the ceremony." she said

"Thanks for coming."

"It's hard not to imagine myself in your position." she said

I looked at her as I tried to piece together what she was saying.

"You must be Giselle." I stated

"The one and only. Though many have tried to imitate," she said looking at me up and down, "they've failed miserably."

"Well...that's nice to know." I smiled, "I'm glad you enjoyed watching from your view in the audience." I said to her, "the farther back you are, the harder it is to imagine being at the alter."

"Your dress is...cute, did you make it yourself?"

"Was yours on a rack at Target?"

"This dress costs more than your life." she said insulted