"Shut up."

After no action for about fifteen minutes, I decided to get up. I just needed to find some antacids or some gas pills.

Giovanni stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist.

"Wow, you don't stink." he said surprised

"I didn't poop." I said sadly, "But my stomach still hurts."

"It's probably cramps." he told me as he reached for his toothbrush

I looked at him funny. Cramps?

When was my last period?

"Yeah, cramps." I said

I walked back into the bedroom and looked through my phone's calendar. Giovanni came in behind me and began to get dressed.

"What do you have planned for the day?" he asked me

"Umm..." I said distracted, "What?" I looked up at him

"What do you have planned for the day?" he repeated with a concerned expression

"Oh..um.. I'm supposed to meet with my brother today." I lied

"But it's a weekday." he said

"Yeah, we're meeting for his lunch break."

"Alright." he said unconvinced

I climbed back into bed, but when I went to lie down, I felt sick. I sat up slowly and watched Giovanni get dressed instead. When he was finished, he came over and tried to kiss me on the lips but I turned so he kissed my cheek.

"I didn't brush my teeth." I told him

He gave me a look and I sighed before kissing his lips.

"Happy?" I asked

"No. That was a baby kiss." he told me

"You're disgusting for wanting to kiss a plaque-filled mouth."

He tackled me on the bed and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back even though it disgusted me.

"I'll see you later. Have fun with your brother." he told me

"Okay." I smiled at him before giving him another peck

Once he left the room, I relaxed. I looked back at my phone's calendar and counted more than forty days since my last period.

It could've been the stress from the wedding. I mean we just got back from Greece two weeks ago, I couldn't be having symptoms that soon. I needed to be sure.

I picked up my phone and called my OB/GYN. After she reassured me that I could come in a few hours, I began to get dressed.

When I tried to put on a pair of my favorite jeans, I struggled to get them past my waist. I called it quits and opted for a pair of yoga pants instead. After finding a t-shirt, I went to brush my teeth. As soon as I began brushing, I gagged and ran to the toilet.

I threw up all of the food that I had from a couple of hours ago. My throat was sore and my eyes watered. Once I recovered, I stayed away from the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth thoroughly with mouthwash instead.

I headed downstairs where a pair of guards were waiting at the door.

"Goodmorning, Mrs. Amanté." they greeted

"Morning." I said in a rush

"Mr. Amanté put us on watch today."

What? They couldn't follow me around. Not today. Whenever I was on watch, Giovanni had his men report every single place I went to. As soon as they see me walk into the doctor's office, they would tell him.