Samantha nodded. "Right, I think you've known him longer than me so you'll know to be gradual, build a strong foundation of trust."

Tonks agreed. "Exactly, I hope the holidays might be a good time to venture out into uncharted waters but we'll see. I know him and Dumbledore are going to the Riddle House to try and find a Horcrux."

Samantha slowly nodded. "Yeah that too, that'll definitely be stressful for him. So you can be there for him, show him you care."

"Right."

"I also wanted to ask something else. A tradition for the Tournament is the Yule Ball, but I didn't bring a dress to wear. Do you have any dresses I could wear or could visit a tailor shop in Diagon Alley? There's this place in Hogsmeade but Flitwick said there wasn't that much of a selection."

"Let me check my closet. I finally brought over all of my clothes from my old house. What size are you?"

"Medium."

Tonks nodded. "Ok, wait right here," she said and then put down the mirror to check her room upstairs.

Samantha sat back on her bed and heard the slight murmurs of the Common Room down below. She looked at the clock and saw that it was nearing nine at night. She still had to complete a few homework assignments but she had some time in the morning. The laughs here and there implied that Fred and George were probably showing some more of their joke products. Their Skiving Snackboxes were really coming together nicely.

She flipped through some of her books to mark the pages she was going to need for her homework. This also reminded her that with the break coming in a few weeks, that meant midterm exams were coming too. Her brain was mentally preparing essays, review packets, and long nights.

Minutes later, Tonks reemerged holding three long dresses. She layed them out nicely on the couch and held the first one up. It was a deep green color with a fitted bodice and then puffed out gradually.

"That's really pretty," Samantha commented. "But the tulle is throwing me off."

Tonks laughed. "I thought it might but I decided to bring it out anyway," She then took the second dress which was a pastel yellow. It had a beaded bodice and belt at the natural waist and flowed down nicely. "I like the shape of this one but I don't know if you'll like the color. I guess I'm biased as a Hufflepuff to like yellow."

Samantha laughed and then thought about Cedric. She stared at the small crystals on the top and marveled at how flowy it was. "That it very beautiful, regardless of the color."

"I think it would look nice with your dark brown hair."

Samantha nodded as Tonks put the second one down and took the third. It was navy blue and looked to have a fitted style. "What about this one?"

"I like it, I like the color."

"I think this one brings a more evening feeling, plus I think it could give you a nice shape," Tonks spoke.

Samantha nodded. "They're all nice."

"So which one? I can either send it, or wait until you come home and you can bring it back."

"I think you should just send it, the last I need would be to forget the dress."

"True."

Samantha looked at the three beautiful dresses and made her decision.

• • • • •

She finally went to bed around midnight after finishing her Potions homework. Snape, of course had to give them a two roll parchment essay each week. She also had to finish some questions for Charms, Transfiguration, and Herbology.