The Call

Harry's POV:

"So tell me, Mr. Styles. What happened last night?" The lady questioned me.

They had taken me to one of those interrogation rooms you know the kind you would see on TV with the 1 way mirror. The mirror didn't even help. I still felt a million eyes watching my every blink or nervous gesture.

I bit my lip, moving my wrist around in the too right handcuffs.

"He....the man- he stormed into the house. And Gemma was just in the way." I swallowed hard as the lie slid from my lips.

"Why were you covered in her blood when we arrived at the scene?"

"I tried to stop the bleeding." I told her quietly, memories flashing in my mind.

"You didn't call the police. Who did?" She rested her hands on the sleek table in front if me.

After Ryan had done what he came to do I saw him take out his phone and dial a number. My eyes watched but my brain didn't process it at that time. If I told them who it was that called it wouldn't matter. They couldn't find him. They sure as he'll couldn't trace the number either because after he got off the phone with him I watched as her threw it on the floor and smashed it to pieces.

I looked at her cold expressionless face, "How should I know? Whoever shot her I guess?"

"You know, Mr. Styles," she continued pulling out the chair on the opposite side of the table and sitting, "What I don't get is how okay you are with this... Your sister dying.. And. You aren't even shedding a tear."

"Crying gets me nothing and nowhere."

The lady paused for a minute just studying my reaction.

"Are we done?" I snapped.

"Did you kill Gemma?"

"No."

"Why do I feel like you're lying, Mr. Styles?"

"Why do I feel like you're ugly even with makeup on?" My response came naturally.

Her eyes narrowed.

"I guess we are done here then." She pushed her chair back. As it screeched and she stood one of the officers from earlier came in.

"So I'm free to go?" I wondered aloud.

She smiled, "Free to go to jail. You'll be held until you are trialled."

The officer made a move to grab ahold of my arm.

"How long will that be?"

"Could be next week, could be 6 months from now." She made her way to the door, "Maybe less if you would have cooperated. But we're past that."

The man secured his hands on my forearm and tore me from my seat.

"Tell me, Mr. Styles. How are you with making new friends?" She asked, taking a step out into the hallway, leading me to my mental death.

Blaze's POV:

I smiled, watching the way his eyes crinkled on their sides and how his laugh seemed to make the whole room go quiet.

Which it did.

After Zayn and I realized the past was in the past I actually invited him to hang out.

I'm not even kidding.

And to be honest I was enjoying it.

We were debating weather to go bowling or go back to Binne's for a little while. He wanted to go bowling which I protested because I couldn't bowl if my life depended on it. And he said that going to Brinne's would be awkward.

"Oh come on. We can go downstairs or something. We don't have to be around her." I urged him.

He shook his head, "Why can't we go bowling? It's fun!"

"Well I don't have any money so we can't."

"I have a job."

"I wouldn't let you pay for me."

"Why not?"

"I'm perfectly capable of paying for myself."

"Then pay me back!" He exclaimed.

"You know what it's getting late. Maybe we should do this some other time. Like a time when I have money, yea?" I smiled.

"Scared you'll lose huh?" A grin was painted on his lips.

"No.... I-I um..need to be back by dinner. Brinne is picky about that kind of stuff."

"Tomorrow, then?" He asked, glancing up at the sky.

I nodded, "Tomorrow."

"Good. I'll see you soon." With that he gave me one last look and got up off the bench we had been sitting on and walking back towards the Foster Home.

I didn't want to go back to my house. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't want to see anyone. I just wanted to be alone.

So I sat there and waited.

Waited for something.. anything.. nothing.

My thoughts drifted to Gemma.

Okay maybe being alone was a bad idea.