Chapter 33

*Elsas POV*

Niel infuriates me.

Every day he comes back to train me as it is now a part of my schedule. We switch weapons every other day so that, he can see which one best suites me. The staff is out of the question, it's too bulky and feels weird to hold. Niel even made a remark that my frame is much to slender for a weapon like the staff. Even though I agreed with him, but to hear him say that I'm too slender for it??

I wanted to strangle him.

Niel has also been strangely kind this past week as well. He doesn't belittle me the same way that the others do. My political trainer--to be better in handling politics--Frollo, often makes crude and sexist remarks about my inability to handle about such things. It's as if he thinks by acting all righteous I'll take things more seriously.

Niel, he-...he is always there to correct my mistakes and try to make me better. Never personally insulting me, but always trying to find that burning passion to fight for myself. That he so naively believes is more powerful then what I'm showing him.

He also smiles and makes jokes. Trying to connect with me without getting personal.

Is he afraid of what I can do? Hell, I am sometimes, but why hide it?

I know that I should be grateful that I'm getting some form of kindness. The problem is that it's from him. He made me loose control the first day we met and now it's like he's trying to make up for it.

It infuriates me! Niel is playing mind games with me. He has to! What else could be his motivations behind it all?

Today Niel said that I try fighting with a small sword. Like a dagger, but bigger, and it was too small to be a sword. This kind of small sword is something that I could fit in a knee high boot. In between fighting with the small sword, he decides to try out throwing knives.

I stare at the set layed out on the table. They range from as large as my palm, to as small as my middle finger. I pick up the larger knife holding it up. "What do you want me to do with these? Aim at an apple on your head?"

Niel actually does a full hearted laugh. As if what I've said is amusing and not making him angry, my sarcasm doesn't always do much good.

He puts his hand over mine lowering the throwing knife. "No." He says blankly. I raise an eyebrow curious. He guides me to a corner in the room. There lies a target resting on the floor, wood seems to be attatched to it so it can be set up anywhere. Niel goes over and gets the old target. And when I say old I mean old.

The fact that this thing is even still together surprises me. "You're going to aim at this."

"That?? Are you joking? This target could fall over no matter how hard I throw the knife."

Niel takes the throwing knife from my hand. I open my mouth in surprise. "I guess I just have to prove you wrong then. Anything to shut you up."

I gasp letting out a small laugh while Niel smirks over his shoulder at me. He tosses the knife between his hands a couple of times, then throws it with his left. The knife hits the target right on center. It doesn't move an inch.

Again my jaw drops. I was so sure that it would fall over with the slightest form of pressure. Niel puts a finger under my jaw closing it. "See? Perfectly stable." When I still don't say anything Niel laughs again. "It seems as though I've finally silenced you."

I scoff getting myself together. "As if." I make my way back to the table with the throwing knives. Niel follows behind me quickly and stands on my right side. "Admit it. You were wrong, your majesty."