Chapter 31

*Elsas POV*

The minister really wants me to buy into this entire thing.

He has--not only having exquisite dresses made--but he has also fitted my room with brand new clothes. New shoes, pants, hair brushes, hell he even got me new pairs of socks.
I know what his motives are, I know them very clearly. But at the same time I can't help and revel into finally putting on something that isn't dirty. That is a part of me that is getting harder to ignore.

As a form a defiance, for the past three days, I've refused to change or shower. The minister is constantly insisting on it so that I can start training. I have no idea what he means, all I know is that I want to refuse him. To buy as much time as possible. Besides, there shouldn't be any rush at all. The minister said that in a couple months I will be formally presented to the press. He should let me do as I so please.

Unfortunately, it can not be, as there as yet another knock on my door. A shy and timid maid comes in. Her head down amd her hands in front of her. "Miss Elsa, Mr. Moon informs me that he urges you to wash and change."

I roll my eyes getting off of the arm chair. I have been reading since this morning, the chair was in perfect view of the outside.

My eyes roll as I cross my arms. "Why? If I am to be so bold to ask."

The maid hesitates for a minute. She bites her lip acting as if she isn't sure that she's supposed to tell me. Finally she speaks. "He said, whether she likes it or not; training begins today with Mr. Neil." Without another word the maid takes her leave. Leaving me standing here even more confused than angry.

The minitser isn't given me a choice anymore. Perhaps I pushed my luck the last few days. He's been civil, but only God knows how long it will last. I shiver remembering his cruelty.

Maybe this is for the best. Training. It could be my chance to defend myself when the need arises. Knowing this world, the need will come sooner or later. I have to prepare in case of not being able to use magic. The future holds too many unknowns for me not to be ready.

With a sigh I grab a towel going inside my private bath.

__________________

Two guards stay in front, leading me to wherever this "Mr. Niel" is.

I've changed into simple black tights and tank. There's no telling what he's going to have me do. Or what he's like in any matter.

Is he a big hulking brute? Scars all over his face from years of unspeakable horrors? Or perhaps one eye is blind; with a distinct scar going from his temple, through the blind eye and to his chin. Honestly kmowing the minister the possibilities are endless.

The guards stop at a pair of French doors, one guard opens both doors letting me in. Once inside the doors close behind me. It echoes all throughout the room with an ominous slam.
In an instant I'm thrown back to the last time I heard that sound. It was my last torture..

I remember fighting the man to keep from going inside. When he threw me in, my arms and sides scraped against the rocks. I shiver remembering when the man ripped off my bra. So that nothing would protect me from his whip.

The whip would fly in the air with a high pitched whistle before it cracked against my back.

"Are you alright?"

I flinch as the voice brings me back to reality. For added measure I blink to regain my senses.

Standing before me is the same man from two days ago. The only man who was brave enough to say something against the minister. He has the same kind green eyes and- upon closer look in better lighting- almost black hair. His face has sharp points, and a square jaw. There's a hint of a beard. Like he's forgotten to shave. Even though he has almond shaped eyes, the color of green is so piercing it's hard to miss. Niel, is in cargo pants and a.... very much tight black t-shirt.