Chapter 10

*Hans POV*

The minister has given me a large amount of money to help me in my search. Money for things like, food, hotels, and if it's needed...information on the whereabouts of our runaway. Or that's what he called it.

This could be good for me. For my career. It shouldn't matter who gets hurt in the process. This is what I've always wanted right? To have a high seat in the ministry? Isn't this what my parents have wanted for me? Why my thirteen older brothers teased me mercilessly? This is what I'm destined to do. But..

Do I have the courage to face my destiny?

Right now I'm in Yorkshire. A small village in England. Locals say it's been here for maybe two hundred years or longer. I just smile and keep moving. Why on Earth did the Minster start me here? There's not a single trace of any wizard ever. Magic folk don't come here. I may be the first one...ever actually.

"Are you going to the renaissance fair next week?" A woman asks her friend. They're sitting in a booth behind me in a pub. I've stoped for some r&r to think about a plan. "Yes. I've saved up quite a bit to make a trip. It's all the way Scotland."

"Of course but it is worth the trip. There will be jousting, magic spells..."

I tune out the rest of their conversation. This is perfect. A renaissance fair is the perfect place for someone like Elsa to hide in. She could be working as a 'witch' or something. It would be perfect. It has to be. Plus I have no other ideas. Even if Elsa isn't there. It's gotta be better than me wondering aimlessly throughout the country.

I get out a laptop. Minister Moon gave this to me to help find newspaper articles about strange events that could be Elsas doing.

After typing in, Renaissance fairs in Scotland, a link comes up. There's one that's closet to the border. I click to buy a ticket. A long shot. But at least it's something.

*Jacks POV*

"Wh-what-? How d-did-? It's not--" She sighs then passes out at my feet. I stumble forward trying to avoid stepping on her. I look down at the strange girl passed out at my feet.

One minute she's trying to beat me into oblivion. The next she stares at me like I'm the crazy one and passes out. There really isn't any sense to leave her on the floor like this. Elsa or not. She needs to be taken care of a little bit.

I squat down and gather her up in my arms. I carry her bridal style to the bed just behind the love seat. Gently, I lay her down. She looks so peaceful. I was so sure that she was the one. It had to be. But, when she hit me over the head. All of that went out the window. My only thought after that was to take her down.

But now.

Seeing her asleep. Reminds me of her again. The way that she had a small smile when she slept. How her eyes flutter while she's dreaming. And the strange way her hair perfectly frames her face. I carefully move a hair out of her eyes. To see her better. My hand rests on her cheek.

Her skin still smooth. "How can someone be so beautiful?" I whisper to myself. It's not like she can hear me. Loud pounding on the door makes me jump. "Mary!" More pounding.

Quickly I run to the back and hide in the bathroom. Pounding continues on the door. "Mary! Open this damn door!" That has to be the overseer. There's a soft moan then shuffling. The lock to the door clicks and it opens. Even from in here I can feel the cold air from the outside.

"Evie? What are you doing-"

"Can it bitch." Evie bites out. My fist tightens. "What the hell was going on in here?" Silence. She doesn't answer her. Either she doesn't want to or she's confused at my sudden disappearance. "Don't lie to me Mary. I heard yelling and your damn trailer was shaking."