Chapter 17

*Hiccups POV*

We all sit outside on the lawn in a semi circle. Flynn, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, Kristoff and I. None of us have said a word still, we've been back at school for a least a couple of weeks. And, around noon, my owl brought the weekly newspaper. It sits in front of us, the front page easy for everyone to read.

Finally I can't take the silence anymore. "Do you guys believe it?" I ask picking up the paper. No one says anything. "What about you Anna? Do you believe this? Merida?" I look at both of them.

"No. No I don't. Elsa was our friend, she would never run away because of 'hallucinations'. I call bs." Merida let's out her accent full force. "I saw her over the summer. She definitely seemed normal, a bit scared but that's normal."

"Wait, she sought you out." Anna says spitting out the word, like it's something bitter she ate and had to get rid of it. Merida looks at her not backing down. "No she didn't. I'm sure she didn't even know that she was in my village. When I saw her, she was using a polyjuice potion disguised as a friend of mine. I only discovered it was her when she dropped something trying to get away."

"How did you know it was Elsas?" She retorts back with sass. Mer doesn't skip a beat. "It was a necklace. With two charms, one a snowflake the other..." She pauses looking at all of us. "A staff...Exact replica of Jacks."

I let out a long breath running my hands through my hair. Elsa was okay, she was free from the ministry. But still, the question still hangs in the air. Why did she run in the first place? Whatever it was, she feared for her freedom and safety so much, that Elsa felt that there was no choice but to run. As her friends we have to do something.

"We need to help Elsa. We need to-"

"Why should we?" Anna interrupts. We all stare at her in disbelief. "What?"

"Why? Why should we help her?"

"Anna, she's your sister." Rapunzel says for the first time. Anna jerks standing abruptly. "I don't care. She abandoned us. Just left for no reason. And if wasn't for her none of this would have happened. Let her suffer the consequences."

Anna doesn't have to elaborate on what happened. We all went through it. But; "Anna, it wasn't Elsas fault that it-"

"I don't care what you have to say. She killed our parents. She had us traveling for days in the woods. And on top of all that, everyone asked how she was doing. It was all about her. It still is and I refuse to be apart of her stupid life any longer." Anna storms off leaving us all in shock at her outburst.

I had no idea that it effected her so much. Maybe she reached her breaking point when it obvious that Elsa wasn't going to come back. We all have that moment where we can't take it anymore and just snap. Anna has reached hers. Kristoff nods at me going after her.

Merida starts to go too but I stop her. "She needs to be alone right now."

"But-"

"Merida. It's okay. She'll be fine."

"We still have to help Elsa." Flynn says speaking for the first time. "She's obviously suffering, and not from PTSD or some other bull. I don't buy it. And I don't care if Anna doesn't want to go get her sister. She's still our friend." He adds when he sees me open my mouth.

Rapunzel takes his hand. "Flynn is right." I take a look around our group. Our small band is falling apart, it's saddening. We have to come back together. All of us with our different backgrounds and stories.

"Okay but first, we need to find Jack. Does anyone know where he might be?" I ask the group.

Flynn speaks without hesitation. "I have a good idea."