One last number, "Please Alex" she needed to know that her sister was safe, she needed to hear Alex's voice, the ringing was constant, "Please" Kara sobbed into the phone.

"Hello?"

Kara broke down in tears, she was relieved to hear her sister's voice, she was okay, she was alive.

"Is this another prank call? I swear to god Vicky, I will k-"

Kara cut her off before she could finish her threat, "Alex"

Alex frowned at Kara's timid voice, "Kara? Hey what's wrong? Did something happen? Are you okay?"

Kara remained silent for a few seconds, she was going to answer but she heard someone talking to Alex on the other side of the line.

"Who are you talking to babe?" Kara recognised that voice, it was Maggie's voice. Alex motioned Maggie to be quiet.

"Kara, are you still there?" Alex asked with concern. She sat up from the couch that she fell asleep on with Maggie.

Kara let out a tired sigh, "Alex... are you okay?"

Alex was confused by her question, "I'm fine Kara, now tell me what's wrong"

"It's 7 am" Kara replied softly, this was one of her worst fears. Waking up alone...

Alex looked at the clock that was lying on the table, "Oh shit!" She shouted, "Omg Kara I am so sorry. The girls and I drank a little too much and Lucy offered to let us sleep over. I swear I meant to call you but then I remembered that you don't have a phone"

"It's fine Alex" Kara took in a shaky breath, her anxiety had subsided slightly, although her heart was still beating faster than usual.

"No Kara. It isn't. Look I'm coming home right now okay? I will be there in an hour or so"

Kara shook her head, "There's no point in driving all the way here, and then back to school. I will catch the bus and see you at school"

"Wait, don't hung up" The line went dead, "...The phone"

-00—

Lucy was in the kitchen making coffee and breakfast, "Who was that?" she asked from the kitchen. She noticed the guilty look on Alex's face.

"Kara" Alex muttered guilty, she buried her head in hands. Maggie was still sitting next to her, she rubbed her back comfortingly.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is she okay?" Maggie asked with concern, did something happen to her last night?

"I don't know" Alex replied, taking in a deep breath, she stood up and grabbed cup of coffee for her and Maggie.

"Should we go pick her up?" Maggie was willing to drive the distance, it didn't bother. Alex shook her head.

"No, she hung up before I could argue" Alex mumbled angrily, she was angry at herself for being so irresponsible. Kara's voice sounded different, something happened last night and she was supposed to be there for her, but instead she was out with her friends getting wasted.

"You know you guys are welcome to use my house as your secret place to be girlfriends, but I would appreciate it if you didn't have sex on the couch" Lucy stated while placing the plates on the table for them to eat.

Alex turned bright red while Maggie just smirked, "How'd you know?" Maggie asked, as far as she knew, nobody knew that Alex and she were dating.

"I'm not blind you know" Lucy sat on the couch next to Alex, "Have you told Kara yet?"