One

Isabella

"Izzy! Izzy look at this" my little brother says tugging on my arm. I look down as he looks up to me with those bright blue eyes and I couldn't help but smile.

"What is it buddy" I ask bending down so I can be face to face with him. He shows me a piece of paper and it was a drawing of me and him messing around in the backyard from a few days before. He made us both look so happy and that made me feel so good. "Wow Nicky, that's so amazing. You could be a artist or something" I smile and he looks up at me.

"Can we put it on the fridge. Oh pleaseee" he asks and I nod.

"Of course" I assure him. He grabs my hand and we head into the kitchen. I put the picture up and he smiles nice and big.

"Personally I think it looks great" he says and I laugh.

"I think so too" I nod.

"Can we go get changed now" he asks for the 100th time today.

"The game doesn't start for another three hours" I argue.

"But if I get there early the players will sign my baseball cap" he pouts quivering that little lip of his. Damn, how do I say no to that face?

"Fine! We'll go get ready" I sigh and he cheers. He runs up to his room and I shake my head. I sit at my computer and check to see if there's any important emails I might need to see. I don't see anything so I thank the lord before walking into my bedroom.

I put on a Cubs tank top and my favorite pair of blue jean shorts. I pull my long brown hair into a ponytail before fastening it with a baseball cap. I throw on some white nikes before calling it a day. I check the mirror and stare back at my big blue eyes, here's to hoping I can get through yet another day.

I go up to Nicholas's room and see him in his underwear staring at three different jerseys. He has a Sammy Sosa, a Starlin Castro, and a Alphonso Soriano jersey and they were all laid out on the floor as he tapped his chin. His head moves from each one and it seemed that he was struggling to make a decision.

"Are we having some issues" I ask.

"Yeah... how am I supposed to pick which one to wear" he wonders.

"We have season tickets, you'll be able to wear them all" I claim and he sighs.

"That doesn't help me now though" he mumbles. He has a point.

"Here, wear this one today" I say handing him the Soriano jersey and he smiles.

"Okay" he cheers hopping off the floor and to the bathroom. She gets changed and I feed him so he will take his medicine before we head over to the game.

We arrive two hours before the game started and there was practically no one here. It was a day game after all and the Cubs weren't exactly must see baseball. But it was moms favorite team so it's ours too.

We walk down to the dugout and I watch as Nicholas talks to the players and they sign things for him. I sit to the side and keep a close eye over him. He coughs a few times but he was talking so fast the coughs don't stay around for all that long. We were the only people down here so he got a lot of face time with the players which was cool. They were so nice to him and I loved that he gets to talk to them.

Eventually a guy comes up from the dugout and turns around to greet Nick. But this wasn't just any guy, I've never seen this guy here before. I would have remembered him if I did. He was tall and thick, a strong jaw line and the curliest brown hair. He had these deep brown eyes that were sparkling under the sun. His lips pull into a smile when he sees Nicholas there waiting for him. He smiles at my brother as he holds out the baseball hat and pen for him to sign.

"Hey kiddo, what's your name" the admittedly attractive man asks and Nicky lights up. He was so excited to be talking to this guy who I've never even seen here.

"I'm Nicholas but most people call me Nicky" my brother says and the guy smiles bright.

"Alright Nicky, are you excited to be here" he asks.

"I'm really excited to be here. I made my sister come early just so I could meet you Anthony" my brother claims. Wait... how does he know this dude?

"Really? That's really sweet. I hope she doesn't mind it" he says signing the hat.

"Nope, she loves coming here too. She's really cool" he claims and I smile. Glad someone likes me.

"Where is your sister" he wonders. Nicholas waves me over and I sigh. I really wasn't in the mood for meeting people. Even if he was super cute. But I make my way over to them anyway because when my brother asks something I usually do it. I couldn't help it.

I walk over and the guy smiles up at me, and for some reason I smile back. Nicky looks between us pretty confused but really happy to be here.

"Anthony this is my big sister Isabella. She's the coolest person ever, she takes care of me all by herself and she does a good job if I do say so myself. Plus she's super pretty... and she's single" my brother says and I turn to him sharply. I give him a glare as he snickers. He was so going to pay for that later.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Isabella. You have the prettiest pair of eyes I have ever seen" he mentions and I blush.

"Thanks, they're my moms" I say.

"So are you guys big fans" he asks.

"Huge fans. Born and raised" my brother claims with more excitement than most. He really loves coming here and was really happy to be making a new friend.

"That's good to hear, I hope I'll be seeing you guys around" he says turning from Nick to me as he waits to see my reaction. I smile at him and give him a nod.

"Good luck today" I finally reply and he raises himself so he could get closer to me. He stares at me through the net and I back away a little.

"You're really beautiful" he says and I laugh.

"Um... thank you" I say backing away again.

"Wait! When can I see you again" he asks.

"Tomorrow... I have season tickets you know" I explain as he smiles.

"Great. Until tomorrow" he smirks and I nod.

I grab Nicky's hand and take him to our seats. I feel a pair of eyes on me the whole way there. I sit down and look back to the dugout. Anthony was still there smiling at me and I feel my heart skip a beat. He waves and Nicky waves back very excitedly. Well this can't be good.