Chapter 11

2 days later...

Luna's POV

     School finally reopened. As I stepped into the school, I could sense that something was different. The usual bubbly atmosphere was replaced with a dull, dreary and grey atmosphere.

     What else would I expect? One of our own died in the same building.

     I trudged to my locker. When I opened it, a slip of crinkled paper fell to the ground. I bent down to pick it up and my eyebrows furrowed. A scrawl of words in aqua blue ink were on it. I read it.

     Feathers tainted crimson red, alas it will spread. A memory of the past will soon go by. A memory back at Midnight High.

     I flipped the paper around. A mint green wax seal with a feather imprinted on it.

     Wax seal, aqua blue ink and crinkled paper. This is Lyra's work. It's kind of a poem. However, she's dead. How did she do this?

     "Excuse me! Then what have I done? I could hold a pen and write. I even passed you tissues," Bleu screamed in my head.

     Right. Forgot the logic of a ghost being able to do these stuff.

     I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around abruptly. Phoenix was standing there smiling. His smile faded when he saw the look of worry on my face.

     "What's wrong?" he asked. I held out the note to him. He took it then read it. His eyes widened. He threw the paper towards me and ran away.

     What just happened?

     I shrugged it off and just prepared for class.

Phoenix's POV

     I sprinted. My heart was pounding.

     She's next. She's next! Why is she next?

     I halted in front of her and grabbed her by the wrists. She looked at me quizzically.

     "We need to talk," I whisper into her ear. She smiled maliciously then dragged me to the handicap toilet.

     Once the toilet door was locked, she faced me and asked what I needed to tell her.

     "Why did you pick her? She didn't do anything bad to you. She's new," I stated. She rolled her eyes.

     "She has! You don't know the suffering she has caused me. She was from MH!" she snapped. I was taken aback. I didn't expect her to be that angry.

     "Just don't torture her," I muttered before leaving the stall. She giggled creepily.

     She's going to make sure she has a painful, miserable and scarring death. That's certain. I can't do anything about that either. I just have to watch from the sidelines. Just watch her burn. Burn.