Chapter 8

Luna's POV

     I held my books close to my chest as I thought about Phoenix. I was walking slowly through the halls as I was making my way to my Science class. Dreaded Science class.

Phoenix. He's so wonderful. So nice. His emerald green eyes are...

     "Can you shut your thoughts about him away? It's so annoying. Besides, it's not like it's love at first sight," Bleu raised her voice in my head.

     Right... forgot you were here. Why don't you just pipe down and deal with it?

     Bleu grumbled. Although I wanted to think about Phoenix on my way to class, I really needed to rush and thinking about him slowed me down. Why did I have to rush? Well, the bell just rang. Which means, 5 minutes until class starts. I quickened my pace and dodged students. The Science lab was within sight. I swiftly dashed into the lab and took a seat.

     I heaved a sigh of relief when I realized that the teacher did not arrive yet. Having the urge to listen to someone other than Bleu, I decided to introduce myself to my seat mate.

1 hour later...

     I walked out of the classroom laughing happily. My new friend, Lyra, was walking beside me laughing as well.

     "What's your next lesson?" I asked Lyra. She paused for a second and looked at her phone.

     "Music lesson," Lyra replied. I sighed.

     "Too bad. Mine is Math. Honestly hate that subject. See you during lunch though," I sighed. Lyra nodded before heading off to her locker in the Mars section. I made my way to my locker to replace my Science books with my Math ones.

     "Hey Luna. I can take over if you want. I know you hate Math while it's my favourite subject," Bleu suggested. I felt relieved and let myself go a bit so that she could take over. Now it was my turn to just sit back and relax.

———————————————

I know this chapter isn't really important for this story but yah. I just wanted to introduce a new character that may or may not somehow move the story forward. (How u doing Lyra? Have u seen anything suspicious lately? 😋)

I know it took longer than usual and the result was not as good. I promise that the next chapter would be more important than this one. I may not be able to write within the 5-7 day gap since Prelims is coming soon and there is more stay back + homework.

Hope you can be patient though. I know I can whip a chapter up within an hour but I can take hours to finish homework. 😔

Thanks for reading though.