Chapter 6

Luna's POV

     I stood in front of Bleu. I was dressed in a navy blue top that was slightly duller than my eye colour and denim shorts. Sophie's choker was gripped in my right hand. I bit my lip, fear reflecting in my eyes. I looked down at the floor.

     "Luna, I know you are scared to be my host again. You're scared of blacking out again and that we will overpower each other. It's ok. It won't happen," Bleu attempted to comfort me. I sighed.

     "That is not what scares me. I'm not just scared of blacking out but I'm scared of losing my independence," I replied, tears brimmed my eyes. Bleu just smiled sweetly.

     "Luna, I know why you blacked out. You were reluctant but I fought my way in. Since we both had to regenerate, you blacked out. Now, you are more comfortable. I hope at the very least. Just put all your thoughts away and let yourself go. I promise I won't overpower you," Bleu continued.

     I closed my eyes and inhaled. I pushed all my thoughts, doubts and troubles away. Then I exhaled and let myself go.

     A few seconds later, I opened my eyes. Bleu was no longer in front of me. I walked into the bathroom and checked my reflection. I saw the same reflection that I had seen when I first hosted Bleu.

     It worked!

     "See. Nothing to worry about. I'm so proud of you," I heard Bleu's voice in my head. I put the choker on then grabbed my backpack. Just as I was about to step out of the house, my mother called me.

     "Luna, why are you wearing coloured contacts again?" my mother asked. I giggled nervously.

     "I just wanted a slight change of my appearance," I replied before quickly dashing out of the house, not waiting to see her reaction.

     "Great save Luna. Great save," Bleu said, slowly clapping in the background.

     Is that meant to be sarcastic?

     "Of course not," Bleu replied. I stopped running and slowed down to a walk. When I was only a few metres away from the bus stop, my bus passed by me. I started to sprint. Fortunately, I was able to get into the bus just as it was about to leave.

     "It is just your day isn't it?" Bleu quipped. Her laughter filled my mind.

     Stop it.

     The laughter stopped. I sat down and looked out of the frosted window.

     Can we really find her? Maybe it's someone else.

     "Of course it is her and we will find her," Bleu answered.

     And apparently murder her...