Solace in his arms

Being in Dean's arms was like coming home. You found comfort there, in a place you had never thought you would find yourself ever again. His arms were tight around you, so tight you almost couldn't breathe. But you didn't care. This was where you belonged, and you never wanted to leave him again.

"I never thought I'd see you again sweetheart." He mumbled into your hair, pressing a hard kiss to the top of your head. Tilting your head up, you could see tears shining in his eyes, and you reached up, brushing your finger along the bottom of his eye, wiping the tears away. "When you died, that was the worst thing I've ever experienced. It didn't matter than Cas knew where you were, I couldn't handle the fact that you were gone."

"I couldn't handle being up in heaven without you." You explained, finally stepping back to let him into the room, finally realizing that Sam was behind his brother. "Sam!" You exclaimed, jumping into his arms and hugging him tight as well.

"Thank god your back. Dean's been horrible." Sam muttered, patting you on the back.

"So, you've got Angel's on you?" Dean asked as he pulled you back to his side. It was like the two of you couldn't stand to be apart, and it was true. You could stop yourself for reaching for his hand, lacing your fingers with his.

"Yeah. When Cas and Ash helped me escape..." You started to explain, but Dean stopped you.

"Wait, you met Ash?" He asked incredulously.

"Yeah, really cool dude. Too bad he's still up there. I hope he didn't get into too much trouble." You answered sadly. "Cas is with him, and I hope they didn't place him in jail or something."

"Cas is smart, and so is Ash. They are probably both doing okay. I'm just glad they helped you escape. Life with you was dull as hell." Dean muttered, as Sam began pacing the room.

"Sam, can't you be happy for one second?" Dean grumbled, but you knew Sam was right. Now wasn't the time to celebrate. Cas and probably Ash could be in trouble. You had Angels that were right behind you. You didn't want to go back to Heaven, or away from Dean. But if it meant keeping him safe, you would gladly go back in a second.

"Dean, I can't help it. This isn't good, and you know it. We can't hide her forever from Angels. They will find her unless we do something. But I have no idea." Sam sighed.

"This Angel lady helped me. Warded me against Angel's, said that she and others are willing to let me live in peace. Maybe she will stop the others." You started to say, when suddenly the door slammed open.

Dean pushed you behind him, trying to protect you from whatever threat came through that door. Sam grabbed his blade, even though it wouldn't do much damage against the Angel's hunting you. "Dean." The person who slammed the door open groaned, before falling to the floor. Glancing around Dean, you gasped when you saw Cas laying there, his coat tattered and bloody.

"Cas!" You exclaimed, moving to go around Dean, but he stopped you.

"This could be a trap." He whispered. Nodding to Sam, he stayed back with you while Sam peered out the door. Seconds ticked by before he shook his head.

"The coast is clear." He explained, and you raced over to your Angel friend, the man who had done so much so you could be back with Dean.

With Sam on the other side, you were able to pick his limp body up, laying him across the bed. Multiple cuts lined his face and body, but otherwise he seemed unharmed. "Hey buddy, glad you got away." Dean patted Cas on the shoulder.

"It wasn't easy. Ash was able to use his code to get us away from the Angels, but then we split up. I came through the gate just as Ambriel fought off Uriel's followers. I helped her, and between the both of us, we were able to stop them from following you."

Not wanting to get your hopes up just yet, you still had to ask. "So, is it over? Are there anymore Angels following me?"

Cas took his time answering you, and you began to doubt that you would ever truly be free. "I think it is over, yes. There might be an Angel or two out there still that want to find you, but for the most part, you are free."

"Finally free." You whispered. It felt unreal. Life had changed so much in such a short amount of time. If you had been asked even two years ago, you would have never imagined this life for you. But you couldn't imagine anything else now.

"Well, that was a boring way for things to end." Dean grumbled, annoyed he had missed out on the last fight.

"I don't think it will ever be truly over. There will always be an Angel or two out there, with the wrong ideas floating around in their head. But I, for one, am glad that it ended that way. Y/N is safe, and back on Earth. You are no longer the grieving man I left behind."

"So now what?" Dean asked. "Do we just continue on with our lives? Hoping that another group of Angel's don't decide to come after us?"

"That's exactly what we do." You answered, surprising each of the men. "Ambriel told me that I am free to live a long happy life. To be in love with Dean, and maybe even start a family with him. I don't want to always be looking over my shoulder, wondering if today is the day they come after me. If they come, we will stop them. But for right now, I've been given a second chance at life. And I want to live that second chance as well as I can."

Dean pulled you into his arms, pressing a kiss to your temple. "Sounds perfect to me." He agreed.