Sneaking Out

After taking a quick hurried shower, you slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans, along with a long sleeved black band shirt. It wasn't exactly what you would normally wear, but it would hide you in the shadows when you snuck out tonight. Because you were going to, you couldn't leave Cas to be tortured any longer. And it was you they wanted in the first place, not Cas. If your sacrifice would save him, than it would be worth it.

Simply braiding your hair, you slipped on your boots before heading down the stairs. You could hear raised voices as Sam and Dean argued about something. Their voices quieted down as they heard your heavy footsteps, their faces guilty as they looked at you. Dean looked you up and down, taking in the dark colored clothes, his gaze faltering as he took in the still healing bruise on your face. "Did someone die sweetheart? Why the getup?"

"First things I picked up. Besides that, they're comfy." You argued, coming to sit down at the window seat in Bobby's study. Bobby was sitting at his desk, his brows furrowed as he read an old manuscript. 

"Shh, keep it down, I'm trying to read ancient Latin." He muttered, so you, Dean and Sam moved into the kitchen, where you nervously glanced at the clock. You had almost an hour to get some sort of weapon, and sneak out of the house, without them figuring out anything was wrong.

"Got a date?" Dean teased again, earning a frown from Sam.

"No, I just didn't realize I was in the shower that long." You improvised. "What were you guys arguing about when I was coming down the stairs?"

Grabbing a beer, you sat down at the table, Sam sitting down next to you while Dean sat down across from you. Taking a sip, you saw how both brothers studied you, obviously checking to see if you were okay. 

"What we were going to do about Cas." Dean said quickly, making you wonder if he was telling the whole truth. You hoped they hadn't been in an argument about you. 

"Have you figured anything out?" You asked them, as Sam's knee brushed against your own, throwing you off balance. 

"No. I just hate this. Knowing who has him, but not being able to do anything about it!" Dean muttered, slamming the table with his hand, almost knocking over your beer.

"Well, there was my thought earlier...." You started to say, thinking how nice it would be if they were in on your plan with you. 

"No way!" Both yelled at the same time, and you felt your shoulders droop.

"Hey." Sam comforted you, placing his hand on your shoulder, and you didn't miss the jealous glint in Dean's eyes. "We can't lose you too. We will find another way, we just need to be patient."

Glancing up at the clock, you saw your time to leave was quickly approaching. Taking a shot, you stood up, making your face as furious as possible. "I don't want to be patient! This whole thing is my fault, and I hate it!"

"Y/N." Dean started, standing too, but you backed away, towards the front door.

"No. Just leave me alone. I'm going to go for a walk, I need to be alone for a while." You told him, but you could see both men didn't like your plan.

"I'll come with you." Dean suggested quickly, but you shook your head. 

"No, I will be fine. I'll just walk around Bobby's junk yard, be back in like ten minutes or so." You assured them, even though your heart was racing, your mind telling you that this was probably the last time you would ever see them. It made your heart hurt, and you could feel tears start welling up in your eyes. They must have convinced both Sam and Dean, because they stepped back.

"Fine. But take this." Sam offered, holding out an Angel Blade. "Bobby's made this place secure, but you can never be too careful."

Giving him a weak smile, you opened the door, stepping out into the cool night air. Shivering, you wrapped your arms around your middle, thinking you should have gone for warmer clothes, since the black was unneeded. You made a show of slowly walking, feeling two sets of eyes on you from the window. Turning the side where they couldn't see, you rushed to the road, walking as fast as you could, knowing you only had minutes before you needed to be at the abandoned picnic area.

The road was deserted, the wind slightly blowing, creating an sound that had you shivering in your boots. The moon was full, the trees casting shadows along the pavement, the branches like hands reaching out to grasp you and pull you into their domain. It was only about a ten minute walk to your destination, but by the time you reached it you were winded and afraid.

Stepping up to the first set of picnic tables, you glanced around, seeing and hearing no one. Wondering if you had been stood up, you turned in a circle, catching a glimpse of bodies in the next gazebo. Taking a deep breath, you made your way over there, cringing as you began to make out Cas. He was thrown on top of one of the tables, curled into himself. A sticky substance reflected the moon's light, blood on almost every single inch of him. You curled your hands in, furious that your friend had been treated that way. Glancing to your left, then your right, you were shocked to see that you and Cas were alone. Rushing over to his side, you grasped his head gently. "Cas." You whispered, tears pouring down your face at the sight of your bruised and battered friend. 

"Y/N, you shouldn't have come. We just got you back." He argued, but you didn't care. You would make this decision a thousand times if it meant saving your friend. 

"I don't care. Come on, let's get you up and back to Bobby's. Where are the Angels, anyways?" You asked, as Cas coughed, blood covering his hand.

"Call Dean. I won't be able to walk back, I'm too weak." He told you, and a thought rose in your mind. Placing your hands over his chest, you closed your eyes, concentrating hard. You felt a warmth move from your hands, and opening your eyes, you saw a blue light emitting from your palms. You moved it over Cas, healing every single one of his injuries, surprising both him and yourself with how strong you were.

Once he was completely healed, he reached for you. "Come, quick, before they return." You reached your hand out to him, but a cold voice behind you had you stopping in your place. 

"Well, she did make it in time. And with a show too." The voice from inside your head said, and you turned to face him. He wasn't very tall, maybe an inch or two taller than you. His hair was black, and you could tell he was Asian. Or his meat suit was at least. 

"Let Cas go." You ordered, standing in front of him to shield him. 

Adriel took a step closer, dropping his Angel Blade so it was held in the palm of his hand. "Oh, I don't think so. I knew you would be foolish enough to come, but I won't be foolish enough to let him slip through my fingers. Handing both of you over to Uriel, that will be perfect. He will be so happy with me, I know he will move me up in the ranks." 

"Y/N, reach back." Cas ordered quietly, so quiet you almost didn't hear him. Without making the move obvious, you slid your hand back, until it grasped Cas' fingertips. 

"Oh, but I do think you're foolish. To bring him here, and not stick around at first. I was able to heal him, maybe you should have considered that fact." You said, and Adriel realized his mistake.

"No!" He yelled, just as Cas transported you out of there. Clutching tightly to him, you closed your eyes, before you felt yourself slammed down onto the ground. You peered with one eye opened, not recognizing your surroundings at all.

"Where are we?" You asked Cas as he began striding around the small cabin, warding it against Angels. 

"One of Bobby's safe houses. I couldn't transport into his house, so this was the best I could do. They shouldn't be able to find us here." He said. "Now call Sam and Dean, let them know what happened."