Complications

"Do it." You told Cas at the same exact moment that Dean asked, what would happen if he tried. Truly, with everything going on, you didn't care what it did, as long as it made sure your friends were safe.

"Dean, I'm not sure what the consequences will be if I try. It could work, it could kill her. It could even paralyze her." Cas tried explaining to Dean who was currently pacing around the room, his hands running through his hair. 

"Then, what happens if we don't try?" Sam asked, being more level headed about this. 

Staring at you while he thought, Cas answered Sam. "I'm not sure about that either. They probably already know where we are, and they could attack at any moment. Even with the sigils in place they won't hide the fact that she's marked."

"I still say we try." You insisted, just as Dean grabbed your hand. It was the first time he had made contact with you since he had gotten so angry, and even though he was frustrated over this new problem, you weren't going to pull your hand away from his. 

"I don't think we should. We have the sigils up, and if they come here, maybe we can end this thing once and for all." Dean suggested.

"But, I don't want anything to happen to you. This is my fight, and you've helped long enough, but I think maybe I should leave you guys alone now." You said softly, feeling Dean's hand clench yours as your words sunk in.

"Hell no. You are not leaving! You understand me. We promised we would help you, and that's what we are going to." Dean argued.  

"Dean, please see reason. You've been nothing but kind to me, but maybe it's time to go our separate ways." You began, the words piercing through your heart, making it ache.

"Hell no." Dean roared. "You aren't going out there and sacrificing yourself. Sam, Cas and I, we are all going to stay with you, and see you through this thing." 

It was useless, fighting against him when he had his mind so made up. Sighing weakly, you squeezed his hand. "Fine then. But what are we going to do?"

"Cas is going to check out the tracer on you, while Sam and I try to figure out a way to trap them if that doesn't work. Because I agree with Sam, we need to finish this, now. But Cas, you do not try to take it off without talking to us first, got it?" 

"As you wish." Cas acknowledged, before he left the dusty old room with Sam in tow. 

As soon as they were gone Dean dropped your hand, moving to stand in front of the boarded up windows. You could sense the moment he started to withdraw from you again, and you weren't going to let it happen again. "Dean, please don't do this again."

"Do what?" He asked, his attention still on the small sliver of outside he could see. 

"Shut me out." You said softly, and he turned to look at you with a frown on his face. 

"I'm not shutting you out. I just need time to think, and adjust." He admitted, coming over and pulling you into his arms.

Resting your head against his chest, you let his tight hold on you comfort you, knowing that no matter how much you had said it, you wouldn't have wanted to leave him behind. "It felt like you were. Please, don't do it again, it hurt too much." 

Pressing a kiss to your forehead, he apologized. "I'm sorry. I was just so angry and frustrated. I didn't even think you would have taken it that way."

"Y/N, I'm ready for you." Cas' voice rang out from the doorway, and you pulled back from Dean. 

"Cas, take good care of her." Dean ordered as you followed him into the kitchen, sitting down in the only chair. Sam came up, squeezing your shoulder.

"Don't worry. Cas will know what to do. I'm going to go plan our upcoming battle with Dean." 

You watched as he left the room, leaving you alone with Cas. "So, how do we go about this?" You asked nervously, still feeling a little awkward and unsure about the whole thing.

"It will probably be painful. I need to reach into your body, where I will gather information about the tracking sigils carved onto you. From there, I will see if it's possible to remove them." He explained simply, rolling up his sleeve. On the table behind him was a thick piece of leather. Reaching over, he grabbed it before handing it to you. With shaky hands, you slipped it into your mouth, before nodding at Cas.

With a reassuring smile, Cas reached down, his hand below your breast as he pressed tight against your skin. Soon it felt like his hand was pressing into your skin, entering your very being. It was white hot, worse than anything you had felt before. Pressure unlike anything you had ever known filled your chest cavity, and you wondered if you were going to explode.

You could hear a high pitch wailing, and it took you a moment to realize it was coming from you. Squeezing your eyes tightly shut, you bit down on the leather, writhing as you tried to get away from the awful sensation. 

"Y/N, you need to hold still." Cas warned, his other hand reaching up to hold your shoulder still. Screaming, you wanted nothing more than to fight him, even though in your heart you knew he was just trying to help. 

"Damn it Cas! Stop it!" You heard Dean yelling, and suddenly the pressure vanished, and you couldn't hold yourself up anymore. Feeling your body sliding out of your chair, Dean's strong arms reached out, grasping you and holding you to his chest.

"Y/N, please let me know you're okay." He pleaded as you rested your head against his chest. Tears trickled down your cheeks as the pain still resided in your body, but not as much as it had been seconds earlier.

"I'll live." You whispered, not even opening your eyes.

"Well Cas, was it worth it?" Dean asked him, his arms still wrapped securely around you.

"It was. Even though I didn't get the results I wanted. But I did find out more about the sigil itself. And that is very interesting." Cas said mysteriously.

"Spit it out Cas." Both Dean and Sam yelled at the same time.

"There is only one person who could have made, or known a sigil as complex as this one. Which leads to this question. Is Charmeine really still alive, and what is she doing with Jayden and Uriel?"