Waiting For Dean

"Y/N, is that really you?" Dean asked, hope filling his words.

"Yes, it's me." You answered, almost tearing up at the thought of being with Dean again. Glancing up, you heard a commotion at the front of the shop, and you had a sinking feeling it was Angel's looking for you. "But Dean, they're after me! I need to go!"

"Y/N, wait, who's after you?" Dean questioned, alarm making the tone of his voice rise.

"Angels. The ones who didn't want me to leave Heaven, who still follow Uriel's lead." You explained quickly. "But they're here."

"Then run. But first tell me where you are. I'm on my way." He muttered as you glanced through the paperwork on the desk, looking for a town name. "Head to a hotel, lay low. You know the Angel sigils."

Finally finding the name, you prattled it off, just as human screams from the front of the shop sounded. "Dean..." You started, scared that he wouldn't' make it to you in time.

"Sweetheart, you are going to be fine. Now go!" He ordered, and with a gulp you hung up the phone. Keeping to the wall, grabbing a can of paint as you went, you made my way out the back of the shop, wincing as people kept screaming. As soon as I was out of the building, I ran, heading towards the middle of the town, hoping they wouldn't run after me right away.

Passing by a couple of motels, I came to one on the end of the street. Its sign was broken, almost falling to the ground. Its paint was peeling, and there were only two cars in the parking lot. But it was secluded, and you hoped the Angel's would pass by it. Racing into the lobby, you waited for the balding man with a bulging belly to clamber off his chair. His shirt was stained with sweat, and he had a cigarette hanging between his lips. "Can I help you sweet cheeks?"

"I need a room please. Preferably the last room." You asked. Slowly the man reached behind him, grabbing a key.

"Room's free if we can have a little fun." He hinted at, licking at his tobacco stained teeth.

"I'll just pay for the room." You answered, tossing over the last of your change and taking the key from his hand. Shuddering as he continued to look at you, you made your way down the hallway, quickly stepping into your room. Locking the cheap chain lock, you grabbed a chair, shoving it under the handle, making sure the creepy man couldn't make his way into your room. Once that was complete, you sat around spray painting the walls, making as many sigils as you could remember. Soon, the faded wallpaper was covered in orange spray paint, and you felt as if you could finally calm down.

Taking a deep breath, you sat down on the bed, grabbing the phone. Calling collect, you waited for Dean to answer. "Hello?" He answered, as the blaring music was turned down.

"Dean!" You exclaimed, standing up and taking the phone with you to the window. Glancing outside, you couldn't see anyone moving in the falling dusk, and you made sure the curtains were tightly closed.

"Y/N, are you okay?" He asked, and you could hear Sam talking in the background.

"Yeah, I found a place to stay. I've warded it, and I'm warded myself, but I don't think I can hide very long." You explained quickly, as you heard the rustling of the door handle.

"Miss, you sure you don't need some company?" The hotel clerk called out, and you ground your teeth together, annoyed at the persistent man.

"Y/N, who was that?" Dean asked.

"The hotel worker. Won't take freaking no for an answer." You grumbled, relieved when the man finally walked away.

Dean growled deep in his throat, making you smile. "We're about an hour out. Giving the phone over to Sam now so he can your information. But don't worry, you won't be alone for much longer."

"Hey Y/N." Sam answered. Quickly giving him the information of your hotel, you hung up, your stomach grumbling as you waited for them to come. Your room was dark, but you didn't dare turn on the lights. You had no idea where the Angels were, and even with all the warding on you and the walls, you were still afraid they would find you.

You hoped that Cas and Ash were okay, that they weren't being treated too harshly for helping you. You knew Dean would do everything to get his Angel buddy back. You couldn't wait to see Dean. It had seemed like ages since the two of you had last been together, and you were missing him something fierce.

The hallway was noisy, and you kept jumping, wondering if it was the hotel clerk coming back for you, or if the Angels had finally found you. It was nerve wracking, hiding in this dark room, without a weapon. As the door handle rattled, you stood up, glancing through the room for anything that might help.

A loose nail scratched at your skin as you passed, and you quickly got an idea. Prying it from the wall, you sliced your palm, wincing at the pain. Determined, you squeezed the cut until it started bleeding freely, taking the blood and making the symbol you remembered from Cas. Once that was done, you made your way into the bathroom, wrapping a towel around your hand.

Coming back into the main room, you heard someone at your door. With your heart in your throat, you stood there, by the symbol, ready to banish any angel that came through that door. "Y/N? Are you in there?" Dean called out, and you almost tripped over the bed in your haste to get to the door. Shoving the chair out of your way, you had trouble getting the chain off. But you soon had the door open, and you were flinging yourself into Dean's arms.