Plans Change

"Then we will do it. There's no way I'm going to let Cas be captured or hurt because of me." You said, but the looks on both brothers faces showed you what they thought of your plan.

"Dont even think it. Cas wouldn't want you sacrificing yourself for his sake. We will get him back, we just need to be smart about it." Dean said as he perched next to you on the bed, interlacing his fingers with yours. You caught Sam's frown as you looked down at your hand in surprise. You had quickly learned that Dean didn't show affection very often, so the hand holding confused you. 

"Y/N, we just got you back from Uriel and his gang. There is no way that we will send you back to him." Sam agreed, his gaze still on your hand in his brother's, the frown still in place. 

You huffed, more than a little upset about the current predicament you were in. "So now what? We sit here, twiddling our thumbs, waiting for Uriel to send us a ransom note?"

Dean pulled his hand from yours, moving off of the bed to stand next to his brother. "I think Sam and I have a little more experience, and a better idea of what to do than you. So leave this to the big guys, okay?"

You could feel your shackles rising, your anger getting the best of you. It was true, you were the least experienced of the three, but Dean didn't need to be so rude when pointing it out. "Dean, I..." You started to say, but he interrupted you.

"Y/N, I know you mean well, but we've got this." He said, and you frowned at him. So did Sam, who was glancing between the both of you, before breaking his silence.

"Y/N, what Dean is trying to say is...." He tried explaining, but you had enough. You could slightly hear the rumble of thunder outside, as storm clouds moved in, turning what was once a sunny day dark and stormy.

"I think Dean explained himself well enough. He thinks that I'm not smart enough, not able to help you guys rescue your friend. Hell, he probably is blaming me right now, wishing he could trade me without it seeming wrong." You all but growled, as the thunder grew.

Both brothers seemed nervous, before peering out the window, where big rain drops started to pour down. "What the hell?" Sam said, moving to the window as you and Dean still squared off. "We weren't supposed to get weather today."

"What, now you're following the weather. Such a nerd." Dean muttered under his breath, which just seemed to annoy you any more. 

As you opened your mouth to speak, another clap of thunder sounded right above the house, startling the three of you. "Wow, this storm is crazy!" Dean said, the argument earlier forgotten over the freak storm.

Sam turned his attention from the window, tilting his head as he stared at you. "Y/N." He said.

You waited for him to continue, your anger turning into a dull burn, nothing like what it had been. 

"Y/N, take a deep breath, can you do that for me? Then we will talk this through. Dean doesn't have a filter, he didn't mean his words to sound that way." Sam soothed you. He came forward, grasping both of your hands in his large ones, tilting his head down enough that his gaze connected with yours. "Y/N, look at me." 

His voice was smooth and gentle, and you looked up, getting caught up in the mixture of blue, green and gold swirling through his eyes, along with compassion. With his hands and his gaze on you, you calmed down. And so did the storm, the clouds evaporating, and the thunder quieting immediately.

"Weird." You heard Dean utter, as Sam wrapped an arm around your shoulder. All of a sudden you were extremely tired, your sore body reminding you that you were still on the mend. Your knees started shaking, and Sam felt it, picking you up and cradling you in his arms. 

"Here." He said, sitting you back on the bed. "Did you know you could do that?" He asked quietly, as Dean came to stand next to him.

"Do what?" Dean asked as you just stared up at Sam.

"Y/N?" Sam questioned again, and you shook your head.

"So, you didn't know that your anger could create a storm? At least that's what I think happened." Sam explained.

Dean's mouth hung open, before closing it to speak. "You can control the weather? That's so freaking cool!"

"I didn't know I could do that. Are you sure that was me?" You whispered, looking out the window as if you could see the storm again. 

"It started when you were mad, and once I calmed you down it went away." Sam explained, as Dean moved to the door.

"I think Bobby should be here for this conversation." Dean said before leaving you and Sam alone in the room. 

Sam was standing there, his hands in his pockets, a lock of mahogany hair hanging over his face as he stared down at you, his eyes full of concern. Where Dean was all push, with rough edges, Sam had a softness to him, a sense of calm and comfort. It drew you to him. You weren't sure if it was because you were still mourning your family and you needed that contact. Or if he was starting to mean something more to you.

"Are you okay?" He asked, breaking you from your thoughts.

"Just embarrassed that I let myself get that upset." You muttered.

He untucked his hands from his pockets, settling down on the bed next to you. His larger frame had the bed groaning, and the dip in the mattress had you tumbling towards him. "Sorry." He muttered, his hand on his shoulder as he stopped you from landing on his lap. 

You stayed there, snuggled against his side, enjoying the contact. "Why is the Angel Grace deciding to make itself known now? I've always had a temper, but nothings ever happened like that before."

"Maybe Bobby knows something. Or Cas when we get him back. And don't worry, we will get him back, without you sacrificing yourself." Sam pointed out. "But truly, I have no idea. We don't know a lot about Angels."

Closing your eyes, you leaned closer to Sam, laying your head against his shoulder. "I guess it doesn't matter. But I wonder what else I can do, besides partially heal myself, and summon storms. Guess it makes me a glorified freak." You mumbled into his flannel. 

He took his hand, tilting your head until you were looking into his eyes. "You are not a freak. Just because you somehow have Angel grace, that doesn't change who you are. And you are an amazing person." 

You were caught in his gaze, and how heated he spoke about you. "Sam..." You started to say, and he leaned forward, licking his bottom lip, as his gaze zeroed in on your suddenly dry lips. Inches away from your lips, you went to move forward, wanting nothing more to kiss him when the door was slammed open, and Dean's voice carried into the room.

"So Bobby's busy being the FBI director, but he should be up here soon. And Y/N, about my comment earlier..." Dean babbled on before stopping once he saw you and his brother seconds away from kissing.