Waiting Game

It had been three days. Seventy two hours of being stuck in the tiniest cabin known to man. A cabin that had one bathroom, and one bedroom, with barely trickling water, and no shower. A TV sat in the corner of the small living room, but it had long since burnt up. 

You had spent part of your time cleaning up the small living space, wiping away the dust and cobwebs that had seemed to accumulate over the years. After searching everywhere for a broom, you had tried to do a decent job of sweeping the floor, but there was a thick layer of grime you were sure would never come off.

"Y/N, hey, why don't you try to get some sleep." Dean said, coming up behind you and taking the broom from your hand. "It's been a long day. Why don't you take the bed."

"What are you guys going to do?" You asked him, as he took the opportunity to pull you into his arms, resting his chin gently on the top of your head.

"Cas is going to be reading that book for a long time, I think. And he doesn't need to sleep." Dean said, and you looked to the table where Cas was hunched over, his eyes furiously scanning the text. "Sam is already asleep, on the couch, if you didn't notice."

You hadn't noticed actually. You had been so lost in your own thoughts, in cleaning, that you hadn't paid much attention to anything around you. "Well then, what about you?" You asked, tilting your head back so you could stare up at him.

"I think I'll just stay out here, be on guard duty." He teased lightly, but you frowned. 

"Didn't Cas ward the place?" You asked, and Dean nodded. "So why don't you get some sleep too."

"Y/N is right. This place is heavily warded. And I will hear anything. You need rest.. You haven't gotten a good couple of hours of sleep since we've been here." Cas said from his spot at the table.

"Fine, but only for a couple of hours." He agreed, and you grabbed his hand, dragging him back to the bedroom with you. "Hey, I can go sleep in the Impala. I don't mind and it wouldn't be the first time." He said, looking down at the small bed. You had found clean sheets and a blanket in the cupboard, making the bed a little more inviting. 

"No, it's okay. I'd rather have you in here with me." You admitted, as he sank down on the lumpy mattress. You giggled at the creaking and groaning the bed made in complaint of his weight. 

"Will this bed even hold both of us?" Dean asked, and you laughed again. 

"Of course it will. But it's definitely not good for any extracurricular activities." You said, watching as a frown appeared on his face, making him adorable. "But we don't have time to worry about that now, we need to get some rest."

"There's always time for that." He said, his voice soft, his eyes on you. "But not on this bed. One wrong move and we will be landing on the floor."

Instead of answering, you went into the connecting bathroom, changing into the pajama's they had been nice enough to bring you, before returning to the bedroom to find Dean in just his t-shirt and boxers, getting ready to climb into bed. The sight of his mostly bare, strong thighs had your mouth going dry. He slid into the bed, before giving you a mega watt smile. "Are you just going to stand there?" He asked you, patting the bed next to him.

You gulped, your eyes down as you moved around the bed. You've slept in the same bed with men before, that wasn't the issue. The issue was that none of them had been Dean Winchester, who could tie your tongue in knots with just one look. Pulling the covers up, you joined him on the extremely small bed, your body brushing against his as you tried to stay on the bed. "Here." He said, holding his arm up, pulling you to his side. "This should make it a little more comfortable. 

Snuggling in to Dean's warm chest, you felt him brushing the hair off of your shoulder. "I can't begin to describe how happy I was when you came rushing to me a couple of days ago. I had always expected you to pick Sam, that I would never be good enough for someone as amazing as you. So I was surprised when you came my way. And I'm always going to show you how much I appreciate it. How much I truly care for you." He whispered near your ear.

"Dean, you are good enough. You took a girl you didn't even know, rescued her, and helped her figure out what is going on. You didn't have to do that, and a lot of people would have left me to die. That just proves how good hearted you are, what a wonderful person. And that's one of the reason's that drew me to you." You told him, tilting your head up so you could press your lips to his stubbled chin. He moved his face down, letting his lips connect with yours. 

Before you could even move, or open your mouth, he was done, tucking your head back under his, where you could hear his heart beating. "No more. Or we won't get any sleeping done, and I don't want Sam to come barging in if the bed breaks."

You knew his logic was right, especially since you were having a hard time keeping your eyes open. "Night Dean." You mumbled as you felt your body relax.

After a couple of moments you heard him reply. "Sleep tight Y/N. I'll be here to make sure nothing happens to you." He whispered, probably thinking you were already asleep.

_________________________________

The next morning you woke to the smell of scrambled eggs and bacon. The smell of actual food and not something straight out of a can had you sitting up, your stomach growling. You noticed immediately that Dean was gone, and you hoped that he had at least a couple hours of sleep. Yawning, you slid out of bed, your bare feet quiet on the wooden floor. You walked the short hallway to the main room, hearing mumbled voices.

"Dean, Sam, I think this is far more serious than we thought." Cas was telling them. "I finally finished the book last night. I think it could impact Y/N more than just having Uriel after her."

"What the hell are you talking about Cas?" Dean growled, and you stayed hidden. 

"What I'm saying is that the Grace inside Y/N is like a ticking bomb. According to Charmeine, she never meant for it to be absorbed into another being. It's so powerful, like an archangel that it could easily destroy her." Cas said, as you held a hand to your mouth.

"Damn it." You heard Dean cuss.

"Dean, we will figure this out." Sam comforted his brother. "We all care for her, and don't want to see anything happen to her."

"So, what do we do? Lock her in Bobby's panic room?" Dean asked Cas, and you waited to hear the answer. 

"No, but we need to make sure she stays calm, and doesn't try to connect with the Grace within her at all. If she does, or uses the powers connected to it, there's no telling what could happen." Cas answered.

Stay calm. That's easy to do when you were on the run for killing your parents. And with an Angel after you, wanting you for the power inside. Taking a deep breath, you made your way into the main room, pretending that you hadn't heard anything. You wanted to see how they would act, and if they would tell you anything.