Reveal

"Hey Cas, didn't know you would be showing up." Dean said, coming to stand behind you, trapping you between him and the man he just called Cas. "Hey Sam, knock some of those wards down, will you?"

Sam nodded, and taking a knife out, began undoing all of the symbols he had just worked so hard on. "Dean, we can't keep these down for long. Who knows when Uriel will find us."

Cas tilted his head, staring over to you to Sam and Dean. "Uriel? What does Uriel want with you?"

Finally Dean stepped back, and you had no choice but to come back into the room. Cas watched Sam until the last symbol was broken, and then he moved in. "Would those symbols really have kept you out?" You asked him, his gaze narrowing in on you.

"Yes. As an Angel those wards would have kept me at the doorway, unable to make my way in. But who are you, what are you doing with the Winchesters? And why do I sense something different about you?" He inquired, moving closer and closer to you, freaking you out. Deciding Sam would be your best blocker, you hid behind the tall man, who chuckled but didn't move.

"Cas, dude, you're frightening her." Dean chastised. "Why don't you sit down, and I will tell you what's up. But maybe first you can do the whole Angel warding thing you did to us? She's the one Uriel is after."

"Of course." He answered, stepping forward, his face still serious. As he reached out to touch you, you shrunk back even farther behind Sam.

Sam rotated until he could look down on you. "Hey Y/N, Cas is a buddy of ours. He's a nice guy, you can trust him."

Gulping, you nodded, before holding your hand out Sam's direction. Noticing, he reached down, engulfing your smaller hand in his. Looking up at him, you watched as the corner of his mouth twitched in the beginning of a smile. 

"Okay." You said bravely, your attention now on Cas. He reached out, pressing his hand against your chest, and you little out a little squeal as a sharp pain racked your ribs. "What the Hell?" You asked, breathing heavily, your chest still hurting.

"I'm sorry, I can't stop the pain. But now your ribs are warded so no Angels can find you." Cas explained quickly before turning back to Dean who was holding out a beer in your direction. Gratefully accepting it, you took a big gulp, before sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"So we got news that there was some sort of activity in town. Angels or Demons, no one was certain, but we knew it wasn't good. But by the time we got to her parents house, Uriel had already killed them, and was waiting for her. He wants her, we aren't sure why, but we do know he will be back."
 Dean explained, before taking a sip of his own beer.

"I see." Cas said calmly, sitting down across from Dean. "And he didn't give any clues?"

Dean looked your way, and you shrugged. "Nothing. Just that they died because of me." You said, tearing up as you thought about what had just happened.

Cas was looking at you strangely, about ready to say something when Sam spoke up. "Listen, I know we need to figure this all out. But I also know that we should probably get something to eat, and maybe try to sneak it and get some of Y/N's stuff from her apartment."

Dean nodded his head slightly, agreeing with Sam. "Cas, do you think you could stay back here with Y/N, at least until we can get the stuff and come back?"

"Of course." Cas answered, never taking his eyes off of you, making you a little uncomfortable. 

"Y/N, any allergies or dislikes we should know about?" Sam asked, grabbing his jacket from by the door. "And anything special you want back from your place?"

"Not allergic to anything, and I don't like tomatoes. As for my stuff, just some clothing. And my photo album that's on my dresser. Oh, and underneath my bed is a blue box. Can you grab it too?" 

Sam nodded, but Dean was looking at you with an eyebrow raised. "A box underneath your bed? Wonder what that holds?" He teased, causing you to blush.

"I always keep spare cash, and things like that in it. Just in case. You never know what could happen." You explained, and you could have sworn Dean looked disappointed.

"Alright, we will be back soon sweetheart." Dean told you. "Just sit tight with Cas. He can keep you safe."

You nodded, watching as they both left the room, before turning nervously to the Angel sitting across from you. "So Cas, it's a cool name." You said awkwardly.

"It's short for Castiel." He answered, standing up and coming closer to you.

"Hey, I know Dean said you would keep me safe. But you're kinda freaking me out right now." You admitted, and he stopped moving, looking a little ashamed.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not very good with the whole human interaction thing." He told you, sitting back down at the table.

You scooted back on the bed until your back rested against the headboard. Grabbing the remote from the nightstand, you turned on the news, wondering if they had found your parents yet. What you saw had you gasping in surprise. 

"What is it?" Cas asked, looking around the room for the threat.

Tears welling up in your eyes, you pointed at the screen, where your house was on display. "They found them, my parents. But...but...they think I did it!" You exclaimed, your throat tight with unshed tears. "There is a warrant for my arrest!"

"That is not good news." Cas agreed. "But we know it wasn't you. It was Uriel."

"We know that, but they don't! That man has ruined my life! Killing my only family, making me out as a murderer. Why? Why did he have to do this?" You sobbed, the tears falling steadily.

"I know why." He said quietly, and when you looked up, you found him kneeling on the floor in front of you.

"Why? What was so freaking important that my parents had to die?" You asked him, tears blurring your vision.

"It's because of the Angel Grace that is currently trapped inside you." He answered.