Middle of Nowhere

You knew you needed to call Sam and Dean. To let them know where you were, that you were safe. You were hesitant to do so, with the fact that you had snuck out, and they were bound to be angry with you. 

"Y/N, you need to do it. They will only be mad for a little bit. But they need to know where you are, and that we are both safe." Cas said from his spot on the couch. As soon as he had transported the two of you here, he had collapsed. He hadn't been totally healed, and the stress from transporting the two of you had been too much on his system. His shirt and coat were tattered and blood soaked, and his face was pale and sweaty. 

"Fine." You muttered, reaching into your pocket to pull out your phone, only to not have it with you. Either you had forgotten it, or it had fallen out of your pocket in your altercation with the Angel Adriel. "Cas, we have a problem." You said.

"Y/N, we have a lot of problems. They seem to follow the Winchesters, and I everywhere we go." He said, leaning his head back against the couch, ready to pass out.

"But I don't have my cell phone. How can I get a hold of them. I don't think this dump has a working phone in it." You said, turning in a circle, looking for any signs of technology. A TV was in the far corner, but that was it. No rotary phone, or anything as far as you could see. A small kitchenette was in one corner, a door leading to a bedroom in the other.

"That is a problem." He groaned, moving to get off of the couch, but he just fell back on to it, too weak to do anything. "If I wasn't so weak, I would transport them here. But now they will think you ran off, and will have no idea about me."

Biting your lip nervously, anxious and a little afraid to be stuck so far out without Sam or Dean there for guidance, you opened the cabin door, but your search for a car was cut short by the darkness and the broken porch in front of you. Making sure the door was locked, you went back inside, rubbing your arms as the cold of the cabin started to sink in. Your stomach growled, and you watched as Cas tilted to one side of the couch, passed out. You were left on your own, in an old cabin that had cobwebs in the corners, with no means of communication.

Kicking an empty tin can across the room, you walked over to the old fireplace, grateful to see a large stack of firewood on the side. Within moments, you were proud to say you had a fire burning. Rubbing your hands in front of it, you turned to your next order of business, food. The four cupboards that were in the sparse kitchen pulled up your only option, cans of beans or chili. They were past the expiration date, and you decided you weren't quite that hungry. With nothing else to do, you took the pillow and blanket from the dusty bed, laying them down in front of the fire, watching as the flames crackled, wishing that morning would bring a stronger Cas. That way you could return to the Winchesters. Two men who had come to mean so much to you in such a short period of time. And then there was Cas. While you might feel more comfortable around Sam and Dean,  Cas had quickly become part of your life too, a good part.

As your eyelids grew heavy, you saw a pair of eyes, eyes that drew you closer than you had ever thought possible. And it made you realize while you cared for all three men, there was one that was starting to stick out a little more than the rest. That tugged at your heart strings a little more than the other two.

----------------------------

It was a long night, without much sleep. At least every hour you would find yourself waking up, checking on the fire, or on Cas. At one point you had gathered another blanket, tossing it over him, before stirring the fire and returning to your little cocoon of warmth you had made in front of the fire.

Even when the sun rose, you stayed in your bed, knowing there was no reason to get up.  Cas was still unconscious, which meant you were stuck here. The TV was dead, and even though your stomach was empty to the point of pain, you didn't want to attempt eating one of those long forgotten cans of food.

At one point, when the sun was shining high above the dilapidated cabin, you carefully made your way out of it, disgusted at having to resort to using an outhouse. Your trip served two purposes. One, your bladder was about ready to burst. The second, to make sure there wasn't any other forms of transportation hiding on the property.

"Next time I see Bobby." You muttered, planning on telling him how he needed to improve his hideaway cabins.

Coming back in, you saw the still sleeping Angel. Sighing, you curled back into your blankets, falling asleep once again yourself. This time you dreamed, unsettling drrams that had you rolling in your blankets. Nightmares of Uriel, of the Angels torturing you. Dreams about the Winchesters turning you away.

And when a hand gently shook you awake, you reached out, swatting that hand away. "Go away." You mumbled, turning on your side.

"Y/N, it's me, Cas. Please wake up." Cas' rough voice sounded from above you.

Slowly opening your eyes, you saw a much healthier Castiel looking down at you. "Cas, you're better. Can we go home now?"

He shook his head, and you frowned. "No, it's still not safe for you. I will go back, let them know we are okay. Then we will drive up here. You will be by yourself, but you will be okay. They don't know about this place."

"Okay." You answered, and before you could request food, he was gone.

With the last of the sun, you went back outside, gathering more wood from the side of the cabin. With your fire still burning, you gave in and opened up one of the cans. Munching on the beans, you sat in front of the fire.

It wasn't much longer you let yourself fall asleep once again. There wasn't much else to do, and you figured it would be hours before they arrived.

It was during this time the sound of an engine purring up the driveway woke you. Sitting up, you cautiously glanced at the window, relieved to see the Impala stopping up front.

Wrenching the door open, you ran past Cas, straight into the arms of the man whose eyes had been haunting your dreams, surprising his brother.

**Next chapter reveals who she's interested in. Hard to pic, thanks for your suggestions. I hope you aren't too disappointed about who I decided on. Thanks for all your votes!