Fading

Days passed, and you began to wonder if Gabriel was ever going to come back. The four of you stayed locked in the small motel room, pacing and waiting. While the three men paced, while you laid on the bed, growing weaker with each passing moment. Cas would often come and go, no doubt looking for Gabriel. Sam would sometimes leave, running errands. Coming back with treats to tempt you to eat. Cupcakes and donuts. Fruit and salty foods. Nothing sounded good, and even when you did force yourself to eat, it would often end up coming right back up.

Your hair grew dull and greasy, your face pale with dark circles under your eyes. With barely the strength to stay awake, you knew you wouldn't last much longer without Gabriel's help. But it seemed unlikely that it was coming.

Dean had a hard time controlling his frustration. Often pacing the room, muttering to himself as he stomped along. Occasionally, he would rouse you out of your troubled sleep, slamming his hand into the wall before storming outside. It would be an hour or two before he would make his way back into the room, smelling of whiskey. It was harder on you seeing him like this, then it was actually losing your strength. You knew there was a slim chance that you would make it out of this alive, and you wanted to spend the last little bit of time making sure he would be alright after you were gone. But he was already tearing himself apart, and you had a feeling it would be even worse when you were gone.

Seldom given a moment alone, you relished the nights when Dean would carefully slid into bed beside you, pulling you into his arms. Those were the moments that you would cherish forever, even when you were no longer part of this world. Snuggling against his chest, you would take comfort of his unique smell. A mixture of mint, leather and gunpowder. The same three scents that you would always identify with Dean. Laying there, his arms snug around you, you could feel him press a kiss to your temple. "Sleep." He would whisper, but you didn't want to. Sleep had become such a constant part of your day that you didn't want to miss another moment with him. But as always, it would overtake you, and when you woke again, it was to an empty bed, with him once again pacing the room, waiting for word from Gabriel.

It was almost a week later when Dean couldn't hold back any longer. "What the hell is taking so long?" He yelled, slamming his hand into the wall, where a small dent was beginning to form. "She's wasting away, and we're sitting here with our thumbs up our asses! I can't take this anymore!"

"Dean, what can we do? We don't know of another way, and we can't call Gabriel! Cas is trying to find him!" Sam argued, but you could tell he was frustrated as well. Barely able to move, you stood up, moving over to Dean. Every step jarred your body, painful and exhausting. As soon as he saw you moving, Dean's frustration was gone as his eyes widened.

"Y/N, why are you out of bed?" He asked you, moving to you, but it was too late. Your weak legs had already given out, and you were falling to the ground. Unable to make it to you in time, he watched in horror as you collapsed, your head slamming against the sharp edge of the nightstand. "Y/N!" He exclaimed, kneeling down and gently holding you onto his lap.

Your head rolling, you could feel the blood slipping down your head, from where you had connected with the wood. "Damn it Y/N, why were you out of bed?" He asked, taking a towel and gingerly pressing it to your wound.

"I wanted to comfort you." You whispered, your eyes starting to close. You were so tired, and your head hurt so much. Your body felt light, so much lighter than before.

Gently patting your cheek, Dean forced you awake. "Nope, no going to sleep on me. We need to make sure this isn't too nasty of an injury." He ordered.

"So tired." You whispered, cuddling tighter into his arms. "Please."

"Nope. Please sweetie. Stay awake for me." He pleaded with you, his words thick with emotion. "I need to make sure you're okay."

Sam was standing over you, and with a careful motion, he was picking you up and placing you back on the bed you were so tired of. "No, want Dean." You muttered, your words slurred. With your eyelids heavy, your head kept tilting back.

With a curse, Dean was climbing into bed beside you, pulling you close to him. "Sam, pray to Cas. We don't have much longer."

Forcing your eyes open, you turned your head to face Dean. The motion made your eyes water, and you almost passed out from the effort. Dean's eyes were baring down on yours, full of pain and grief. A tear slipped out, sliding down his cheek, and you wanted to reach up and wipe it away. But your arm wouldn't follow your command, and you just stared up at him instead. "Please. Don't be sad." You said softly, getting a small smile in return.

"Of course. You're hurt and fading away from me, and you're worried about me." He sniffled. "Just hold on. Cas is on his way, and he'll give you some of his juice. Keep you going until that asshole Gabriel shows back up."

"Dean, if he doesn't." You started, your head rolling into Dean's chest. You were so tired, and you wanted nothing more than to fall asleep. Even the fact that you might never see Dean's mossy green eyes again couldn't keep you awake.

"Y/N, don't. We will figure this out." He insisted, before turning back to his brother. "Damn it Sammy, why isn't he answering?"

"I'm trying Dean! I've tried both him and Gabriel. They should be here by now!" Sam answered, looking just as dismayed as his brother.

"Dean, love you." You said softly, as his attention was focused on his brother. Your hand sliding to the side, you barely squeezed his hand before you felt yourself fading away.