Gabriel

"Gabriel?" Dean asked as the intruder walked straight into the room, the door slamming shut unassisted behind him.

"Gabriel?" You asked, wracking your mind for who this person could be. "You mean as in the Angel Gabriel? He exists?"

"I do exist sweet cheeks, and I gotta tell you Deano, you did well. Y/N, you are one sweet piece of..." The man called Gabriel told you before Dean interrupted him in time.

"Gabriel." Dean warned. "What are you doing here? I thought you were dead."

Watching as the shorter man moved from in front of the door, bouncing down on your recently vacated bed. "Nope, never dead, just hiding for a while. My big bro came close, but hey, I'm the trickster, Loki. You can't kill Loki."

Watching the man carefully, you looked between him and Dean, seeing the way Dean was trying to place himself in front of you, automatically protecting you from the supernatural being in front of you. "Are you who Cas was talking about? He said he might have found help."

"Wow, looks and a brain!" He exclaimed. "What's a catch like you doing with a sourpuss like Dean? You should be with someone sweet and sassy like me." 

Glaring at Gabriel, Dean was about reading to strangle the Angel when the door opened and Sam and Cas both walked through the door. "Hey bro!" Gabriel exclaimed, stopping Sam in his tracks.

"This is your help. Gabriel? The man that killed Dean more times than we could count." Sam asked Cas, and you turned your attention to Dean, not hearing about that story before.

"A story for another day." He grumbled which made you even more interested in what had actually happened. 

"Yes, I thought an Archangel would be the best help for Y/N's issue. I hadn't thought any existed except for Lucifer in Hell, but I heard word of someone creating mischief and I took a chance." Cas explained, looking towards his brother thoughtfully. "I wasn't sure he would answer my call though."

"Yeah, why did you? It's not like you to actually want to help us. If I remember right it took quite some prodding last time to garner your help." Dean pointed out, but your concentration remained on the tricky angel in front of you, and how he shuffled his hands like he was a little guilty at his actions.

"But people can change. And I did, turning over to your side, even giving you the information about the rings." Gabriel argued.

"Dean, he has a point. Let's just see what happens. What else do we have to work with?" Sam suggested, as you grew tired and weak from standing too long. Your body shaking slightly, you moved to sit down just as Dean reached you, gathering you up in his arms. Resting your head against his chest, you let him carry you to the bed. Instead of placing you down like you expected, he sat down, stretching his legs out in front of him before resting you down on his lap. 

"You need to rest." He told you. "And I'm not letting you out of my sight with that man in this room. Sure he helped us, but that doesn't mean I trust him. Not after all the ways he found to kill me."

"You really need to tell me that story." You mumbled, having a hard time keeping your eyes open. It seemed like each and every moment your body weakened, and you weren't sure how much longer you had before you fell asleep and never woke up. 

"Shh. I will as soon as your back to yourself." He assured you. "But right now, we need to concentrate on getting you better. Even if it means working with Gabriel."

"I can sense it from here. Her life force, or soul as it might be called is fading away. Not as slow as you first thought, but much faster than before. It makes me sad, seeing such a delectable person wilting away."

"Can you do something about it?" Dean asked, his hand comforting on your shoulder , as your head nestled farther into him. 

"I can try. But this is powerful magic, even more powerful than an Archangel." He explained. "It has the mark of Charmeine, but that can't be. She's been gone for a long time."

Cas came and patted his brother's shoulder. "You are right. It was her, and she was in hiding. But Y/N is her daughter, and Charmeine hid her grace inside Y/N. It was safe, until Uriel found out."

"Wow." Was all Gabriel said as he stared at you. Standing up, he came around the bed, his hand reaching out to your forehead.

"What are you planning on doing?" Dean asked him, his arm tight around you, rousing you from your sleepy state.

Gabriel held his hands up in surrender. "Woah grumps. I'm just going to get a better read on her."

Dean glanced at Cas, who nodded his accent. With a frown, he nodded at Gabriel, who placed soft and warm fingers against your forehead. "You smell divine." He whispered, emitting a growl from Dean. "All sweet, like a mixture of vanilla and cupcakes."

"I'm not wearing any perfume." You muttered, "And my bodywash is plain."

"No, it's your distinct scent. It's intoxicating." He told you, his brow furrowing as he concentrated. You could feel a slight probing, a warmth in your body that hadn't been there before. Your strength slowly came back, not fully, but enough that you didn't feel like you needed to sleep. 

"What did you do?" You asked him, sitting up. Still in Dean's lap, his hand now rested on your hip. 

"I just did a quick little search, while trying to make you feel better." He explained. "But to do a more thorough search I would rather have you asleep."

"But..." You argued, but Cas was over by Gabriel, giving you a comforting smile.

"Y/N, it could be for the best. Sometimes searches this big can be uncomfortable, and we don't want to cause you any undue stress."

"Can I stay here, with Dean?" You asked, nervous about this.

"Of course." Dean assured you. "I'm not going anywhere."

Watching as Gabriel and Dean squared off, Sam came over. "Y/N, we are all here, all ready to make sure nothing bad happens to you. Gabriel will work fast, and you won't even know anything happened.

Taking a deep sigh, you nodded. Leaning your head back against Dean's chest, you closed your eyes, feeling Gabriel's fingers upon your forehead once more before you knew nothing.